Considering Oil Change Short Cut

" Isn't the OEM Honda Filter rated for 20,000 mi? "

10,000 with Honda . Have done those in past with no issues . Now use FRAM Ultra XG7317 , XG7317 not much more than the A02 at a dealer . Always used MOBIL1 AFE 0w-20 or P.P. 0w-20 .

I thought it was 10,000 x 2 = 20,000 mi.
Doesn't Honda recommend 10,000 mi OCI and and a 20,000 mi Filter Change. That assumes if course on a newer car the OLM doesn't object.

I thought it was 10,000 x 2 = 20,000 mi.
Doesn't Honda recommend 10,000 mi OCI and and a 20,000 mi Filter Change. That assumes if course on a newer car the OLM doesn't object.
Not sure . Maybe it applies to the 3rd generation FIT . We have 2nd generation .

Our '05 Odyssey had the MM. Are you saying (not doubting you, just asking) that they phased in the MM across models rather slowly ?

And yeah, I've seen where everyone thinks the OEM filter is just a rebranded Fram but the PH is Fram's low-end filter and Fram doesn't say 10k miles. I think they do with the TG and 20k with the XG.

They may have phased it in across models. I don't think the Civic got the MM until 2006, when the 8th gen came out. I don't think any 01-05 7th gens have it. The S2000, TSX, and Accord all got in in 2006. That's probably the year Honda put it on all their cars, but some could've had it earlier.

I don't think the RSX ever got the MM, even though it was made thru 2006

I use the extractor method on all of my vehicles now and change the oil filter second time around. I should have done this years ago.

I know I am overthinking this, but here goes. OC intervals could be unequal. Go 8,000 miles after an oil and filter change and just 6,000 miles after oil only, since the oil is going to be a bit dirtier when some is left in the filter or in the pan with a vacuum extractor. At this point, I'm not sure if OC stands for Oil Change or Obsessive Compulsive!

Back