Valvoline durablend 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started using this oil in my Acura TSX along with a Pureone filter, my car has 65k, it was getting oil changes with Honda 5w30 Dino and Honda filter at the dealership.

I did a search and didn't notice anybody posting much about this oil. I was planning on sticking with it and going 5,000-7,500 OCI. Anybody else running it?

Im running it in a 2007 Saturn Aura 3.5L. It is decent oil but doesnt get much play here because the board doesnt like Valvoline much and there are straight conventional dinos that compare to it. I got mine on closeout at WM for $1.50 per quart so I considered it a decent deal for that price. It is also getting more difficult to find.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
Vavoline is a good brand oil, use with confidence.

+1

I'd use it with no worries in your Honda engine for the 5-7.5k OCI if you are not short tripping it all the time.

Bill

I'm using Durablend 10w-40 in my Subaru and am experiencing some increased consumption. This of course is just an observation in my application (and not even the same weight you are using).

Durablend 5w-30 is all I've used in my mom's 07 Impala - I take down to about 10% on the OLM which is usually 5,000 to 6,000 miles. Recently, I shined a flashlight into the oil fill hole and the top of the head is spotless - not even any oil staining, let alone sludge. Bright shiny metal. Engine has 50,000 miles now.

Cool thanks for the responses, AAP is running a special for 5qts of durablend and a P1 filter for $19 which is why I went that route.

Originally Posted By: Unearthed
I'm using Durablend 10w-40 in my Subaru and am experiencing some increased consumption. This of course is just an observation in my application (and not even the same weight you are using).

Increase usually means in relation to something. Do you mean an increase compared with some other oil/grade that you were using (please specify) or an increase over time on the same oil?

Originally Posted By: luca
Cool thanks for the responses, AAP is running a special for 5qts of durablend and a P1 filter for $19 which is why I went that route.

I've also been running Durablend with about a 7500 mile (6 month) OCI for my last few oil changes. I've been pretty happy with it so far.

I did a seach here a while ago and only found a couple of UOA's on this oil. They looked pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back