Considering Caliber SRT-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yeti
rshunter -- if you read the following line, after the posted quote -- "to sum it up, just use common sense". and earlier -- "a thinking person drives the car, then decides for himself". this is not "going through life with blinders on".

if critical commentary is first hand, then great. the vast majority of people that bash a vehicle have never been in it.my neighbor/sister/friend from work had a problem.one poster states "stay away from this car" because he read a report.most people criticize a car because they read a report.another states "... cause i hated it so much".(a rental, which he admits wasn't even an srt).

i should have clarified what you state about "first hand experience". as long as it's fair and honest criticism. thank you for bringing this to my attention.

as stated earlier -- "a thinking person drives the car, then decides for himself".

Now that I can agree with 100%...
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gilitar
Well, I ended up getting a loaded leftover 08. The sticker was over 26k but I ended up giving 17k. That's a steal considering a base model civic is going for that much.

Hey good for you! Glad you checked em out. Take care of it, I am sure you will enjoy it. Be careful though, you might get sprained wrists from all that Tourque steer;) I mean all the sissy mags and experts here warned you!

Originally Posted By: VNTS
you might get sprained wrists from all that Tourque steer;) I mean all the sissy mags and experts here warned you!

Calling people who dislike torque steer sissies. I like that.

"Pah! That isn't a disruptive side-effect of too much power with a poor drivetrain layout, you're just WEAK!"
LOL.gif

I could never understand why Dodge couldn't find a way to adopt the Caliber's AWD system to the SRT. That would've improved its behavior a lot and only added a couple hundred pounds to the weight.

I wonder if their AWD/tranny/clutch is up for 285hp AWD launches? I watched a WRX STI do some at my last solo and even for a car like that, there are some weird things going on under there...
Probably for the small numbers of SRT4's they were planning to sell it wasn't worth bringing the driveline up to scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back