Conoco Phillips Lubricants Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron paid to have SM on the label, as in they paid the API licensing fee after the API tested Delo and found it to meet the requirements of API SM as well as API CJ-4. Chevron can make more money selling the 10W-30 as a dual rated lube, as they should because it's proper for the situation.

Want to throw a wrench in the machine? Take the Delo SAE 30 I'm switching everything to. It's a proper dual rated CF/SJ lube, but Chevron no longer sees fit to list SJ on the bottle any longer, as it's an obsolete spec. In fact, so is CF, but CF has more relevance with fleet operators than SJ does.

I think....

Good information,but I wish they would left the colors of the bottles alone,oh well.
smirk.gif

I am very familiar with Conoco Phillips but I just never see any of their products in any of the WalMarts, Autozones, O'Reilly's or NAPA where I usually shop. Looks like a high quality and I would probably try it if the price and availability were within my reach. I kinda like the colors they used pretty cool looking I think.

I like Phillips products, but no one around me carries their products anymore, and Auto Zone was the last one. I'd be interested in the Kendall Competition 20W-50 myself.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
I am very familiar with Conoco Phillips but I just never see any of their products in any of the WalMarts, Autozones, O'Reilly's or NAPA where I usually shop. Looks like a high quality and I would probably try it if the price and availability were within my reach. I kinda like the colors they used pretty cool looking I think.

If you've seen Motorcraft, you've seen their products. But they are very regional. They still sell Kendell here at Autozones because of its association with the original PA refinery...

Originally Posted By: car51
I know this; curious as to why it's SM rated and some places can use it in "mixed fleets"

A high ZDDP 30 grade oil can be SM or SN, provided they list the CJ-4 first, as in CJ-4/SM or CJ-4/SN.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
I've been meaning to look at the Phillips 66 sites for any news but haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for bringing this to light!

Always appreciate the HTHS specs for their oils. Too bad the others wouldn't publish the same.

I agree, good to see HTHS listed.

Look at the two 30 grade full synthetics
5W30
KV100 = 10.9 cSt
HTHS = 3.0 cP

10W30
KV100 = 10.4 cSt
HTHS = 3.1 cP

If you don't need the sub-zero (F) cold start, the 10W30 gives you a thinner oil at operational temperature but with more protection. Hand-in-hand with that I would assume that the 10W30 would have less VII polymer load, lower Noack volatility and be more shear stable. It's a nice looking oil.

And I like the new red Kendall bottles.

Merk !! Are you around ? Give this one a go.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
I dont see any dexos approvals anywhere...

I guess they aren't paying GM any royalties, so that's one way they keep the price of their oil down.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
I dont see any dexos approvals anywhere...

First oil, First Link

Quote:
Phillips 66® Shield Valor Full Synthetic Motor Oil is a premium quality automotive engine oil specially designed to meet the performance requirements of the GM dexos1® specific cation for gasoline-fueled GM vehicles.

They used to sell Kendall at auto zone around here but it was too expensive and nobody bought it. When they stopped selling it they dropped the price to less than half the price and all of it was sold in 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back