Confused with Battery Issue on Laptop

I have a Samsung I purchased new in 2014. Has had 2 issues lately and none in the prior years. Original battery. The charger port was broken and replaced. A ok after that. Then there was a small spill that took out the keyboard. Any spill bad for a laptop! New keyboard replaced. Since then there is an issue where removal of the charging cable immediately shuts down the system. As if there was no battery. I used the Windows 10 system to check the battery status and it shows good health with no issues. Hmm 6 year old laptop battery should probably show some issues?? I don't want to order a new battery to find out it isn't a battery issue. Any advice on what to check? Intel i7-3635QM CPU 2.4ghz 8GB RAM

Make sure the battery is seated correctly, by removing and reinstalling it. Other than that, and possibly a bad charging circuit, it's likely the battery is shot, at its age (never trusted those Win10-based diagnostics).

When I have had issues with batteries (and very occasionally, when not) I would come across a recomendation to remove the battery entirely from teh laptop (most of the time, it only involves pressing a lever and letting the battery fall out). Then pressing the power button repeatedly for 30-60 seconds. Then, put the battery back in. I'd do that before buying a new one. I'd look in your specific manual for any instructions on precisely how to do that, issued by your OEM. If not, here are some generic ones: https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2018/11/06/how-to-power-reset-your-laptop-computer.aspx

I had a recent battery issue with my Lenovo Yoga ThinkPad - I'd hook up the AC Adapter to the Thunderbolt port (either one) and the battery status in Windows 10 would show "Connected - Discharging..." After doing some online research, I discovered the laptop is equipped with a "Reset" button on the bottom of the laptop near one of the enclosure vents. So I powered-down the laptop, waited 30 seconds, then used a paperclip to press the "Reset" button and hold it for five seconds (or so). Once I powered it back up, the battery charging behaved normally when connected to the AC adapter. I don't know how common this physical reset button is on other brands, but I know IBM (now Lenovo) ThinkPads have had this feature for awhile.