What is considered too hot for a gaming laptop?

I have a 2021 Asus TUF Dash F15 that I bought July 2021. I have only de-dusted it twice in its lifetime and I cannot believe the difference in temps I am seeing.

For example, on BFV I was seeing 90c+ temps in campaign mode, but I have yet to play it since cleaning it last week. With other games such as Doom Eternal and Far Cry 2 I am barely breaching 80c. I don't think the laptop has ever ran this cool since I bought it. Doom 2016 would run at 80-85c CPU wise and GTAV would almost reach 90c. I used about 1/3 to 1/2 a can of compressed air on it cleaning everything out really well.

Any ideas as to what a normal temp for this laptop should be?

Specs are intel i7 11375h quad core 4.3-5ghz cpu with 100c max temp.

GPU is an 85watt RTX 3070 Laptop that doesn't breach 65-70c.

Also, I am SUPER PSYHCED for Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater and hope this old laptop can run it, seeing as how it is on par with PS5 GPU.

That's normal temps now on a gaming laptop of that caliber. 10 years ago, a gaming laptop's "caution" temp was probably more around 70C. We've gone back to the netburst era of MOAR POWAAAA.

BFV is running at about 72-75c, GPU is just peaking over 70c in 1440p.

Reactions: Pew
Doesn't sound that hot. You could clean it and put new paste on it. Had that done on my work pc and it no longer gets hot enough to make the fans scream.

Last edited:
When it thermal throttles it’s too hot. I’ve got an Asus laptop with a GTX 960m that’s going to need new thermal paste soon, but it’s lived a long healthy life routinely running 80C or higher and is still going.

Battery is pretty much completely dead on it though…. Just idling on the desktop it might last 30 minutes lol

I just looked at a pic of your laptop, that thing is  slim for it's power, the amount of heat compared to it's size is great imo. My last Asus ROG laptop was twice it's size at the same marketing range.

This game runs a bit hotter even with 60 fps locked and it being 12 years old. CPU wise anyways.

Back