computer software compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to buy my son Adobe Creative Suite 3 Premium Design program package. The following is the system requirements and what my computer is. Will this software run on this computer and be 100% compatable, or will I have problems?? Should I just buy a new computer also??

Requirements:• Intel Pentium 4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
• Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)
• 1GB of RAM
• 5GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
• 1,024x768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card
• DVD-ROM drive
• QuickTime 7.1.2 software required for multimedia features
• Some 3D features in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended require a Microsoft DirectX 9 capable graphics card with at least 64MB of VRAM
• Internet or phone connection required for product activation
• Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe Stock Photos* and other services

My computer:

MS Windows XP, Media Center Edition, version 2002, Service pack 2
Gateway GT4015E, AMD Athlon 64 processor, 3500+,
2.20 GHz, 896 MB of RAM.

Before you buy a computer I saw an ad recently where you could buy a computer with Photoshop, Illustrator, and a movie making program all included with the computer. This is a heck of a deal when you consider Photoshop by itself (not an upgrade and not buying with a student ID at a college with educational discount) is about $650.00 by itself. Of course this is not the Creative Suite but it includes a lot of it and maybe you could get stuff like In Design for less by already having the above programs. I think this deal was from HP and the computer it came on cost something like $900.00 or so. A deal like this with the above programs included makes that computer well worth buying. The programs above sold separately cost more than the computer.

Again, this is not the entire Creative Suite but you could add In Design.

Last edited:
The complete adobe creative suite 3 is $850. The individual price of all the programs is over $2000. TNS, if I add 1GB of RAM, I am sure it will work better and I will if all other components of this computer are compatable. It says Pentium 4 (or compatable). Is the AMD Athlon compatable?

Your computer has either built in graphics or else a separate graphics card. Most Windows XP computers typically had built in graphics unless they were being used as gaming computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back