Computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC ran an update overnite. When I tried to use it the keyboard would not work. I tried to uninstall, reinstall drivers, I bought a usb keyboard. I keep getting the same code 39 error(drivers corrupt or missing. I have a driver cd for the new keyboard but still does not work. I have looked all over the internet and could not find a solution. Many people have had this, but no solutions posted. I do not see any keyboard settings in my bios, only ps2 mouse. Help please...

what kinda PC is it? what kinda OS are you running? How old is your PC and what type of motherboard/CPU are you talking about?

and the list goes on and on....

Q.

sounds like either (a) a stuck update session that calls for a forced reboot to recover, or (b) hardware begins to act up (check mobo and PSU for capacitor swelling, and/or localised overheating of mobo due to dustbunnies, etc.) or a slightly corrupted OS that needs to be restored from your restoration disc.

Good luck.

Q.

I'm running an Intel mobo + Pentium D 3.06G with 1GB RAM at home for the past 3 years, PSU been replaced once.

Try replacing the keyboard just to see if its not actually hardware related. Whenever I have a problem like this, I connect a backup to see what the problem really is.

If that doesn't work, use System Restore. Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.

You could always boot into Safe Mode and try to fix the problem from there. Can't you roll back the driver?

Have you done Start/Control Panel/Keyboard/Hardware tab/Troubleshoot ? You can roll back the driver from there.

Start up in SAFE MODE.
Usually holding F2 or F8 while booting up will get you into this.
Check your manual to see your specific method.

Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager and look for yellow '!' exclamation points. Open [click] any listed items to fully expand the contents to see any problems.

Do you have System Restore on? While in safe mode, that should fix her up [when you manually utilize it].

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
See the other thread for my answer... Why did you post it twice?

Maybe that's where the Double in Dee comes from?

I had posted in the Off topic first by mistake, opened one here, then a mod moved the other one here also.

I did a restore to a week ago, still did not fix it, put in a new keyboard, same error code. Safe mode I cannot type in.

So, Microsoft updates corrupts Microsoft software, but they won't fix it. They send me to HP, and 2 hours later,$50, no fix, and they had a problem and could not remote connect. They want me to call back in 3 hours. I really don't want to do a system restore.

No more auto updates.

I set it to download the updates but to notify me when they are ready to be installed. I have had too many issues with automatically installed updates on my system.

Ok, I fixed it, myself. My Kaspersky was picking a keylogger from a KLBD. My research showed it was for a keyboard/mouse from the Intel chipset. I had called Intel, and they offered nothing. So after hanging up with HP, I copy and pasted regedit from a usb device from my laptop. In an upper filter file I found this klbd along with a kbd. I deleted the klbd, and the kayboard drivers,did a restart, it found the keyboard, it said to restart again and it may work. I did. it did---so so so happy. Now to call HP and see if I can get my money back.

You may want to keep this somewhere. My research shows this has happened quite frequently.

Good to know...
grin2.gif
Glad you're back on track.

Thanks, but I struck out trying to get my money back from HP. He would not listen to the fact that what they tried did nothing. But hey, I am up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back