Comparison of Conventional Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by TSoA:
Mobil DCO was THE worst oil I have ever used. Burns away like crazy, got me off of Mobil products.

HMMM... Too bad you've had problems with it.
I've used it with absolutely no problems on my vehicles. The oil levels have always stayed the same between 5000 mile oil changes, staying consistently at or slightly below the full marks.

Ronnie

quote:

Originally posted by TC:
Robbie: Thanks for your input. For the record, I think VOAs and UOAs are a GOOD idea, and they can both prove very helpful. I was simply stating concern over GB's inconsistent results, nothing more than that. Sorry if I suggested otherwise. UOAs certainly helped you out -- the proof is in the pudding!

Yeah, well I still think people don't understand how just changing the way they sample the oil, or how long it was since the car was turned off before sample or how long the car was on before it was turned off for sample, or where they sampled from or how deep, or any other seemingly not important aspect, can SKEW the results.
Then people have to understand like in an IR-test (think it's called) that the sample before it can and does throw off their sample, better or worse... then there are other errors and things but just like your MPG, OVER the LONG haul, the numbers have more value than just today's snapshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back