Comparing mufflers question

To be fair, a louder sound system is fairly typical. Virtually all stock systems that aren't an upgrade like Mark Levinson are ****ing terrible. The exhaust though on a Pathfinder is pretty cringe.
Yeah... I'm not going to put an exhaust on it after all. However I will say, the stock Bose system in my Pathfinder is certainly one of the better stock systems I've heard (although I'm coming from a base model Honda CR-V so dollar tree earbuds would still be an upgrade from that). Lol

Anyways I've always been into competition car audio and "being loud" and all things considered at least I'm using my money towards that and not drugs lol.

In the end it is my car and I can customize it how I want and I was simply asking a question.

Yes I am a type 1 diabetic but I take care of myself. It's autoimmune and I get to be a cash cow for big pharma until the day I did, I didn't ask to be the way I am.

I understand the concerns of tinnitus and hearing loss but I'll be honest I have my system turned off about 60% of the time I'm driving, but yes I do need a better alternator to support the power I run when I do use it.
I have bee building custom car Audio all the way back to 1974. In 1982 I had one of the loudest with clarity Stereo systems around in my 82 Camaro. #6 speaker to be exact but you could only physically see 2 the 8inch DynaAudio in the sub box. My hearing is just fine and even with the current stereo system never play the music so loud to injure my hearing. Naturally my taste has changed and the speaker's cost about 500 per door now. LOL

My exhaust system I am still adjusting but have come down to using a combination of a system made for my car and modifying it way beyond the intended design which will include an exhaust cut out. LOL

I hope you continue to post about your project because part of this forum is suppose to about...partially individuals thoughts, idea's and, projects

Most Flowmasters are available in either 409 stainless or aluminized. If you select chambered you can select the muffler and material.

Flowmaster

I just today had a Super 10 put on my new Silverado. It's advertised as one of their louder mufflers. However on the late model Silverados, the cats already make them pretty quite. Adding that small muffler made it about perfect. The chambered design is suppose to eliminate drone. Mine sounds perfect.

Yeah... I'm not going to put an exhaust on it after all. However I will say, the stock Bose system in my Pathfinder is certainly one of the better stock systems I've heard (although I'm coming from a base model Honda CR-V so dollar tree earbuds would still be an upgrade from that). Lol
The Bose system in my 17 Regal GS is lame, the stock system in the wifes 08 Malibu LTZ kicks butt, the system that really rocked was in her 15 GMC Terrain DENALI by PIONEER. ;)

My fiancé's younger son has a Super 44 muffler on his 97 GMC with the 350. It sounds very good. I'm not sure how one would sound on a V6.

I had a Borla cat-back system on my 2004 Supercharged Monte Carlo SS that I used to have and while it sounded okay, it was no where close to a V8 in sound.

Call James, at Sebring Tuning. They make a Universal T304 SS can with perforated titanium core and internally wrapped with Fiberglass wool. Sounds deep and throaty, with zero freeway drone. You will gain a few db.... but nothing like straight pipe muffler delete, which sounds like a tugboat, with exhaust leak. He supplies all the exhaust upgrades for Porsche Audi Nissan Toyota and BMW. (562)431-4605

Back