Comparing mufflers question

I want to put a louder exhaust on my pathfinder but nobody makes a bolt on system for the R52s meaning I'd have to fabricate something myself which would be no issue for me.

I'm looking at the Flowmaster SoundFX and the Flowmaster Super 44.

I can't find any good comparison videos online so I figured I'd ask here, can anybody tell me if these two mufflers are comparable at all or if they're totally different entirely? Thanks!

Do you mean Flowmaster FlowFX, or Walker SoundFX?

Presuming the latter, the Walker SoundFX is very comparable to stock, marginally louder, same tone.

Flowmaster Super 44's are turbo (short) sized version of the delta 40 series, you'll get a muscle car-like tone.

If you have the VQ35 V6 motor, look for Nissan 350z/Infinity G35 exhaust clips. I would be hesitant to put an exhaust on any car with these motors, they get very obnoxious and trumpety.

Depending on how the mufflers are made they will change there sound after several hundred to a few thousand miles.
While not used as much you might look into a True Cherry Bomb Glasspack or if you want to spend a little money and get a very good quality muffler look into a Porter Muffler.

To me, the problem is VQ35DE's in this configuration w/ a more open exhaust sound like a mad swarm of bees.

2013+ Pathfinder OEM exhausts are annoyingly complicated. After the manifold mounted CC's, there's one pipe section with the flexpipes and downstream CC. Then a center pipe with a huge resonator and huge muffler, then the tailpipe section with a small resonator at the end. I think an OEM replacement of all 3 sections is well over a grand.

A friend of mine had one of the few nice sounding VQ35's in his 350Z. His aftermarket exhaust employed mufflers and helmholtz resonators. While it did provide a deeper sporty tone, it was far from a "truck-like rumble".

I can think of no 6 cylinder engine off the top of my head that provides a deep truck-like rumble. If there are, it certainly is not a VQ.

Reactions: JTK
in snowey areas at least 400 grade stainless is good BUT 300 series is FOREVER! my fav is Borla, they have universal sizes + are straight thru for more sound + performance.

Are those Flowmasters 409 or aluminized? :unsure:

Borla is better because it's 304
Some Flowmaster Super 44's are 409.

Sorry I meant FlowFX. I do have the VQ35DE V6 and I'm trying to go for a deeper truck-like rumble.
FlowFX are essentially identical to Magnaflows. Look up a vid for a straightpipe 350z. This isn't what you're looking for.

For a truck-like sound, you'll want a Flowmaster chambered style, either 40's or 44's. Look up a V6 mustang with either of these. 44's will be a little raspier

You'll get close to a V8 sound, but it obviously won't be

I want to put a louder exhaust on my pathfinder but nobody makes a bolt on system for the R52s meaning I'd have to fabricate something myself which would be no issue for me.

I'm looking at the Flowmaster SoundFX and the Flowmaster Super 44.

I can't find any good comparison videos online so I figured I'd ask here, can anybody tell me if these two mufflers are comparable at all or if they're totally different entirely? Thanks!
How close is the platform to the Frontier? Borla makes a kit for it.

How close is the platform to the Frontier? Borla makes a kit for it.

Unfortunately, not similar at all. The R52 is a FWD-based crossover and no longer based on the Frontier.

Dude you shouldn't waste money on dumb crap that annoys others on the road.

Last week you wanted a powerful alternator for loud subs in your Pathfinder. This week you want a loud exhaust. And you have spoke of having type 1 diabetes. Why on earth do you want to give yourself tinnitus or hearing loss, especially that you have diabetes's which can give you vision problems far down the road?

There is no exhaust in the world for any 6 cylinder that doesn't sound like a frog farting underwater. Lord know I've tried, Buick 225-v6, Chevy 4.3-v6, Ford, GM, Jeep inline 6's. 4200 Trailblazer inline 6. I'll be stupid enough to keep trying, but if you want a V8 rumble, you need the V8 first.

Anyways I've always been into competition car audio and "being loud" and all things considered at least I'm using my money towards that and not drugs lol.

In the end it is my car and I can customize it how I want and I was simply asking a question.

Yes I am a type 1 diabetic but I take care of myself. It's autoimmune and I get to be a cash cow for big pharma until the day I did, I didn't ask to be the way I am.

I understand the concerns of tinnitus and hearing loss but I'll be honest I have my system turned off about 60% of the time I'm driving, but yes I do need a better alternator to support the power I run when I do use it.

Dude you shouldn't waste money on dumb crap that annoys others on the road.

Last week you wanted a powerful alternator for loud subs in your Pathfinder. This week you want a loud exhaust. And you have spoke of having type 1 diabetes. Why on earth do you want to give yourself tinnitus or hearing loss, especially that you have diabetes's which can give you vision problems far down the road?
To be fair, a louder sound system is fairly typical. Virtually all stock systems that aren't an upgrade like Mark Levinson are ****ing terrible. The exhaust though on a Pathfinder is pretty cringe.

Back