Comcast Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anybody else has there Internet down who has Comcast? Or I should say is this just a wierd coincidence for me or has Comcast system crashed in this part of the country. I lost mine around 8:30 in the Boston area. I called a friend and my parents (parents live 30 miles away) and we have all lost Internet. I can't get through to there tech support on the east coast; I was able to call the west coast tech support ( auto connect me there because my phone number is from Washington state) and they were unable to talk to comcast tech support on the east coast either.

If you are wondering how I wrote this I am typing this I am using my smart phone.

Last edited:
Hmmm it's good here. Hate Comcast, but is Fios that much better? I think I'm going to get rid of Cable and just use Netflix. I'll keep the internet.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
J Sap,

here's your answer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40410491/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets

Thanks for the link. It's working from me this morning. After I posted this thread I realized that everyone who lost internet will probably miss reading over this thread because of the outage.

The big thing that really annoyed me during the outage was the lack of tech support. When I called up for help the west coast operators would not/ could not do anything to help me; and the east coast just shut down. I got an automated message from the Comcast east coast call center telling me they were only open Mon-Sat 9AM to 7PM. I thought Comcast had 24/7 tech support! Oh well I have never been a big supporter of Comcast but it is either that or DSL. I wish my state would allow more than 1 cable company to operate in a town and allow some competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back