Colinite 915

So for my 2 garage queens here in Fl. my son bought me some Colinite 915 based on reviews. I kept in on the same shelf in the insulated garage with other products including Meguiars, Groits and Finish Kare 1000. Went to use it after it sat on a shelf for about 3 months to find the liquid had seperated from the paste wax. Checked the other products and they were fine. I then contacted Colinite and inquired about the product seperation issue and was told the product breaks down in the heat! So? As I live in Florida I asked the rep does this action compromise the protection and longevity of the product and I was told most definitely and they offered to send me more of the item at a discounted price. My take was that this stuff is worthless in the Florida heat when something like FK1000 does not break down as its temperature tolerance is that much greater and stable. User beware!

The Fusso99/FK1000 and Bilt Hamber DSW are better choices than the Collinite IMO.

Amazon let me down, ordered Collinite 915 on 19, May, got an Email saying it was shipped, due on the 24th, next day get another Email, shipping is delayed, will arrive on the 29th,29th came and went, waited till the 31st, no delivery so I cancelled and got a refund, then they say that they received the wax to close out the deal. :mad:

Longtime 845 user but not familiar with 915 so went to the website to look at it.

One reviewer said:
Collinite 915 is simply the industrial standard in fine paste waxes. I use 915 on our 3 vehicles and sometimes I joke around laughing, “When is this wax going to break down?” It simply is that good. I live in Port Saint Lucie, Florida where the summer heat can break down waxes easily. With 915, this is not the case. People ask me how I get my two white vehicles to reflect so well. 915 is my response. Collinite has always delivered, this is a fact.

So for my 2 garage queens here in Fl. my son bought me some Colinite 915 based on reviews. I kept in on the same shelf in the insulated garage with other products including Meguiars, Groits and Finish Kare 1000. Went to use it after it sat on a shelf for about 3 months to find the liquid had seperated from the paste wax. Checked the other products and they were fine. I then contacted Colinite and inquired about the product seperation issue and was told the product breaks down in the heat! So? As I live in Florida I asked the rep does this action compromise the protection and longevity of the product and I was told most definitely and they offered to send me more of the item at a discounted price. My take was that this stuff is worthless in the Florida heat when something like FK1000 does not break down as its temperature tolerance is that much greater and stable. User beware!
I've used 915 without issue. I've used their 476 & 845 also, no issues. My 915 is a couple of years old, still looking good with separation.

Perhaps a bad can?

I've used 915 without issue. I've used their 476 & 845 also, no issues. My 915 is a couple of years old, still looking good with separation.

Perhaps a bad can?
Spelling correction, should read, “without separation.”

Also, i believe they are a family business, which I like to support.

1717554871803.jpeg

I found their products to be very good. Like all waxes I store them in my cool basement so no worries about summer heat or winter cold ruining them.

I found their products to be very good. Like all waxes I store them in my cool basement so no worries about summer heat or winter cold ruining them.
I also keep waxes an sealants in my basement. In fact I keep all my detailing products i don't use on a daily basis in my basement to keep them stable.

Back