Coin investment question

As a collector of everything EAGLE I was considering buying some "eagle" stamped gold and silver coins. If there a reputable dealer online?

I started with APMEX, went to JM Bullion, and ended up with Bullion Exchanges. All are reputable dealers, but Bullion Exchanges had the lowest premiums for the stuff I bought. They also put silver and gold American Eagles on sale frequently where the premiums are even lower.

I no longer buy from the first two because, to me, they weren't competitive when I was buying more silver. That could have changed, so you should still shop them.

As a collector of everything EAGLE I was considering buying some "eagle" stamped gold and silver coins. If there a reputable dealer online?
I have (1) 1993 Silver Eagle Dollar and (1) 1996 Silver Eagle Dollar UNC . Also have some Mercury head dimes .

Fundamentally I consider the modern American gold coins to be a bullion investment vehicle and not really a numismatic piece. That somewhat simplifies buying and selling.

If you must buy online, see if you can source through the mint.

Otherwise, I agree-local coin shop or gold dealer and cash. Back when I was dealing with these kinds of places a lot, which has been maybe 5 years since I last did, normal price on bullion coins was $40 over spot, or at least at the two main places in Louisville I use to deal with. That generally was $40 regardless of denomination/weight and even coin type(although Maple Leafs and Kugerands seemed a lot more popular). If something does have numismatic value(like 1930s and earlier American) then of course you get into a whole other dimension of pricing, but that’s a whole different discussion.

Back