Flee and Tick Medication (dog). OTC

Remember this is the dog that would refuse to drink water to exhaustion where he had to get injected.

In the winter yes it’s snowy so he won’t run away and will begrudgingly use the yard
we don’t have an invisible fence and if he is on a 100’ leash he hates being in the yard and won’t go potty.

Even if I try to walk him in the yard he freaks out pulling towards the driveway and road, he loves walking but only if I’m following him around the neighborhood and he hates our yard for some reason.

He has a one track mind about going to the path and to certain houses in the neighborhood or going for a ride.

Our Vet recommended Trifexis, which isn't exactly cheap, but it does three things. Kills fleas and ticks, prevents heartworm, and kills intestinal worms.
This is a single pill for about $135.00 for six pills, given once a month.
So, for about $23.00/month my dog is protected from several ailments.

Prescription only though, and I get them through Chewy.
They'll contact your vet, but won't write a prescription without a visit.
That might be an idea if the costs work.

He is pretty much on worm meds for the rest of his life, he had worms the day after getting him from the humane society (feels like they should have pitched in and known he had bad worms.)

Our Vet recommended Trifexis, which isn't exactly cheap, but it does three things. Kills fleas and ticks, prevents heartworm, and kills intestinal worms.
This is a single pill for about $135.00 for six pills, given once a month.
So, for about $23.00/month my dog is protected from several ailments.

Prescription only though, and I get them through Chewy.
They'll contact your vet, but won't write a prescription without a visit.
I don’t think it kills ticks.

Cover areas of the fur with Cedar oil to keep ticks and flees away and feed the dog Diatomaceous earth with his food to help clear out worms. If you suspect parasites then you can feed capsules of wormwood, clove, and green walnut hull.

Cedar oil is toxic when ingested and can cause acute symptoms and death at high enough dosages. Unless you have one of those dogs that doesn't lick themselves, I would not use it on them.

I started using Simarpica Trio a few years ago..all in one heartworm, flea and tick. Prescription but I buy it internationally and ship it...cheaper and no prescription needed.

Back