Coffee Intolerance

Barista Prima K-cups, dark Italian Roast, bottled Poland Spring spring water, a shot of real half-and-half and a small amount of real sugar. Better tasting and no weird chemicals from artificial sweeteners or creamer substitutes. I think this is healthier than a cocktail of chemicals engineered to fool your taste buds and brain into thinking you're getting the real thing.

Someone made me drink Folgers instant coffee yesterday. Let's just say I'm glad I wasn't wearing my wetsuit at the time. Getting out of the suit takes me 5 minutes and I didn't have 5 minutes. Horrible stuff the Folgers instant coffee.

Didn't know we had so many medical experts as well as oil. ;)
I come here for oil advice, and sometimes interesting conversations. My Doctor advised me to avoid artificial sweeteners, flavorings, etc, diet soda is one of the worst, primarily, just chemicals, Olestra is right up there on the "nasty" list. ". Most anything that works to deceive your brain into thinking it's something else, usually isn't good for you. I've mostly quit soda of any kind, just drinking sparkling water with a lemon wedge instead. I do like a small glass of Coke (Classic) when we have spaghetti. No medical advice, however I did work as a Biomedical Technician at a hospital for 27 years and learned a lot about healthcare and what NOT to do, being married to a Registered Nurse for 50 years helps too.

Coffee spelled backwards = eeffoc. Wife is a hugh coffee addict. She has recieved many coffee gag gifts from GIANT coffee mugs to t-shirst etc.
The last gift mug she got has this on it. I am sorry, until I have my coffee I do not give ee ffoc!
Next week's episode includes harvesting usable power from thermonuclear explosives and raising small mammals for food. 🦨
:LOL: :cool:
Lets start harvesting all the cow farts to run a new type of modern automobile that requires no home electrical modifications. Each home will only require 2-3 cows. :)

There was this restaurant I went to for breakfast where I liked the coffee and it was extremely strong. I like my coffee black, but something about it required sugar and even full cream (they didn't use half and half). But I'd feel nauseous all day after it, unless I took something to calmed the nausea like Dramamine or Pepto.

There wasn't anything all that unusual about their setup, but they got a specific blend from a local coffee house, and brewed it at their recommended strength (2 tablespoons per 6 oz water). They also used standard Bunn commercial equipment and glass decanters. Not sure what it was. I liked the coffee, but that particular setup just made me feel nauseous all day without meds.

The good news is there was not much cramping or contractions.

This may - I hope- answer the above questions.

Yes at first I suspected my Brazil whole bean blend was funky (some organic beans, some not), so I changed to my totally different organic whole bean coffee blend, and the decaf beans are organic and Swiss water processed only. Same issue. I suppose I could suspect my burr grinder which I have used for all my beans.

No nuts. No other food brought back the issue, only coffee.

I only do pour over with nearly sterile equipment.

IF I try again, it will be much less, yes 8-10 oz, see what happens. My cup is pretty huge, like near 15 oz.
Good idea. Just try 1 8 oz. cup after eating. Sorry for your....,er,....Loss.

Pablo say: "Next week's episode includes harvesting usable power from thermonuclear explosives and raising small mammals for food. "
SammyC-S3 say: "Lets start harvesting...cow farts [for] a new type of modern automobile...no home electrical modifications...only...2-3 cows."

This made me think, BITOG is the high tech Mother Earth News.

I stopped drinking coffee few months ago and feel much more energetic in the mornings. Lemon/ginger tea is my new favorite drink

Back