CM Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried searching on BITOG and didn't really find anything so i thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone know anything about CM filters?
http://www.cmfilters.com/tech.cfm

What do you think? Initial buy-in is definitely expensive at ~$100. After that, the filter inserts are about $11-$12 ea. which isn't far off from M1 or K&N at Autozone.

The questions is does anyone know about the depth filtration vs. surface filtration that they mention on the site?

For a little background, the car I want to use it on is a modded '94 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. The bottom end has been rebuilt with a new forged crank, Crower rods, Ross pistons with slight overbore and King dry-film coated bearings with 0.0015" oil clearance.

The car has a twin MHI Evo3 16G setup making about 550 all-wheel HP @ 20psi, and has been modified for running roadcourses, not dragracing so it sees sustained load and high rpm's (modded for 8400rpm redline from 7300rpm stock).

I'm looking at the CM filters to see if they would be better protection than regular filters since they're made specifically to flow high volume with no bypass.

Any opinions? Has anyone tried these?

Max

I've never used one, but they sure are purdy.
popcorn.gif

I looked at those filters, but have not found anyone using them. I would go with whats known and tested. Get a frantz setup.

Also Perma-cool makes reasonably priced remote setups. They make a remote tranny and a dual remote for engine oil.

Maybe you can mount a dual remote with 2 (wix) long full flows and run a frantz from a T back to your oil pan.

Your definately going to get better filtering from the frantz, plus you can us TP for your media ( lot less than $10).

I know of people that run them but they aren't doin UOA's or anyting like that. They seem to be well liked in racing circles. But them again 10 years ago those guys were using those flat oil filters that just had a 20 micron screen in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back