Cleaning: who does it at your household?

Good Saturday Morning BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦

As most of you know I have a wonderful girlfriend that has me eating way healthier, traveling, working out more and she is special. She also is a “clean/neat freak”. She was beyond shocked when she saw how clean my whole apartment is. Asked my cleaning regimen. I always have cleaned, whether at work or home. At her apartment, her kids do a lot of cleaning as does she. So, at your house or apartment who does the cleaning and what products so you use? I use comet cleanser and SOS pad for shower and whole bathroom except toilet. Toilet I use Mean Green and let it work then scrub it good. Kitchen I use comet for sink and stovetop. Kitchen floor gets comet cleanser and some mean green in hot as I can stand it hot water.

I’ve been blessed to have a job that allows us to live comfortably on 1 income so my wife can stay home and raise the kids, so naturally she’s does most of the cleaning. She’s pregnant with our 3rd (but 6th pregnancy, yes I have trouble pulling out of my own driveway) so I’ve been staying up later into the mornings to help her out more than usual.

She usually just buys Lysol and Scrubbing bubbles... I’m not impressed with them, I think comet works far better. As for dishwasher pods, Cascade Platinum pods are by far the best. IronOut is our new best friend though!

I’ve been blessed to have a job that allows us to live comfortably on 1 income so my wife can stay home and raise the kids, so naturally she’s does most of the cleaning. She’s pregnant with our 3rd (but 6th pregnancy, yes I have trouble pulling out of my own driveway) so I’ve been staying up later into the mornings to help her out more than usual.

She usually just buys Lysol and Scrubbing bubbles... I’m not impressed with them, I think comet works far better. As for dishwasher pods, Cascade Platinum pods are by far the best. IronOut is our new best friend though!

that’s awesome. I use dawn platinum and SOS pads for dishes.
Congratulations on the coming child sir 👍🍻🇺🇸

that’s awesome. I use dawn platinum and SOS pads for dishes.
Congratulations on the coming child sir 👍🍻🇺🇸
Thank you! my 4 year old is convinced it’s a girl, which has my wife terrified because she knows I’d spoil a daughter rotten. But I’m not sure I can financially afford to feed 3 boys either!

Usually I get stuck doing everything lol. We don’t use a whole lot of products or anything we don’t mop or get down on our hands and knees we just sweep and wipe things down usually.

I'm the main cleaner in my household - other half handles 90% of dishwasher duty and taking trash and recycling out.

For cleaners I try to opt for more sustainable products and methods. I bought the BlueLand kit that comes with re-usable plastic bottles and when empty you just drop a tab in and fill with hot water and bam you have another fresh bottle of cleaning fluid and reduce 1 more bottle from having to be recycled or tossed into a landfill. This is the company that was on Shark Tank and Kevin O'Leary ended up investing. Multi-surface and bathroom cleaners work great, their glass cleaner is complete trash though so I'm back to regular ammonia glass cleaner on that front.

Things I don't cheap out on is dishwasher detergent - Cascade Platinum pacs are my go to because they will tackle anything I throw in my 20 year old dishwasher without pre-rinsing including baked on messes. I also use bleach tabs in my toilet tank (I know they are hell on the rubber and metal bits) because they greatly reduce the amount of cleaning needed.

I cut up old towels to use as rags to cut down paper towel usage, I really only use paper towels for glass and mirrors.

Reactions: Ws6
Usually I get stuck doing everything lol. We don’t use a whole lot of products or anything we don’t mop or get down on our hands and knees we just sweep and wipe things down usually.

I must say, being in a hundred + year old house I do my best to keep it clean as I can. The linoleum in kitchen; some of the tiles are cracking, few were before I moved in 😝🤬

Good Saturday Morning BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦

As most of you know I have a wonderful girlfriend that has me eating way healthier, traveling, working out more and she is special. She also is a “clean/neat freak”. She was beyond shocked when she saw how clean my whole apartment is. Asked my cleaning regimen. I always have cleaned, whether at work or home. At her apartment, her kids do a lot of cleaning as does she. So, at your house or apartment who does the cleaning and what products so you use? I use comet cleanser and SOS pad for shower and whole bathroom except toilet. Toilet I use Mean Green and let it work then scrub it good. Kitchen I use comet for sink and stovetop. Kitchen floor gets comet cleanser and some mean green in hot as I can stand it hot water.
I maintain my home. My girlfriend maintains hers. Both are very in order and clean. On the shower, I use toilet bowl cleaner liquid. It absolutely annihilates soap and other residue. Let it soak a few minutes and wash rag takes the rest off. Easy. My floors down stairs are hardwood and my robot vacs keep them clean very well. ILife v3s and v4s upstairs on the short carpet there.

The rest is simply dusting time to time and never leaving a mess for tomorrow.

I do most of the household cleaning and all our laundry since I work 4 days a week and she has a busy career.

We use to have a Swiffer which I hated. I replaced it with a Libman Freedom spray mop and have ZEP multi surface floor cleaner in it.
409 Stone & Steel works great on our quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances.

With 12 and 14 year old boys, a dog (soon to add another rescue) and a 9 year old girl we clean often! Three floors of 1200sq a floor. Mostly tile and hardwood; only basement and 2 stairwells has carpet. Vacume multiple times a week and floors get mopped weekly with purple Faboloso! Great smell. Cleaning is spread out amongst us all. Each kis does their own laundry!!

We used to have a cleaning lady, but my wife spent so much time cleaning and tidying up before she came, we ended that deal.

Now that I am semi-retired, I do a bit more than before. Now I clean 50% and my wife does 40% and the remainder stays messy. We have a dog, and part of our backyard is a ravine that sees virtually no direct sun, so mud and dirt most of the time. Lots of sweeping. I'm OCD about having stuff put away, my wife will leave stuff on the stairs for 7 weeks (verified by me !) before the item is moved. Pretty normal as far as I can tell.

Our 2 adult boys do nothing except clean their own rooms. A failing of myself to train them correctly.

My wife and I come from clean homes and we share the chores or flip every other week. But I definitely am a clean freak they call me hazel at work from the old 60s sitcom.

Back