cleaning the inside of the windscreen

Any recommendation on products to use; homemade or shop bought?

Even after "cleaning" there always seems to be some fogging/ smearing left behing which becomes visible at night and low setting sun.

I stopped using regular window cleaner because I don't know how it affects the dashboard vinyl so now just damp microfiber + chamois leather.

These are 2 products I can get over here stoner invisible glass spray & meguires Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner

(y)

I like just regular water in on cloth(any cloth) and a microfiber towel for drying in two directions. Do smaller sections if the water is drying too quickly and don't clean the windscreen in the heat. Also, do it two or more times if you have to.

I'll third invisible glass, I used it almost exclusively when I detailed vehicles for customers on the side. Adams car care makes an awesome window cleaner, it also smells like lemon-lime kool Aid too. I'd clean the inside of the windshield then use a glass scrub or cleanser. Glass science makes a really good one. It removes the build-up and residue like vinyl fog etc. Then seal it with an anti fog coating.
Glass Scrub

I use invisibleglass and newspaper. I have tried microfiber towels, but newspaper works best for me for not leaving streaks.

I like to start with a magic eraser to remove most of the goo, then finish with Sprayway and a shop towel.

I can't stand dirty windows and I've tried many methods over the years and have found that a clean microfiber towel and Sprayway Glass Cleaner make a great combination for clean and streak-free windows. Invisible glass mentioned above is my 2nd choice if I don't have Sprayway. Some paper towels contain moisturizers for your hands and you'll never get rid of the streaks.

I will use Windex or some similar ammoniated glass cleaner on the outside of the windows, as ammonia does a great job on the oils that get on your windshield. I never use ammonia on the inside of the windows because I end up chasing streaks.

That Invisible Glass reach tool is a must for the cars with an acre of glass. Mustang, not so much. Focus...definitely. Stick on a microfiber rag and go to it without needing to climb on the dash.

Either Stoner's glass cleaner or Rain-X. I use one microfiber towel to clean and wipe down the windows then spray it again with a second microfiber.

I use a waffle weave microfiber cloth and water....does a great job...even if the windshield is hot.
I second the use of a waffle weave towel. I like using 2 towels. 1 damp with window cleaner, the second dry. Wipe the entire inside of the window then try to quickly switch to the drying towel. I find that if I can dry it before it dry's itself I get a better finish.

The cleaning product is almost irrelevant - it is about the technique. I have experienced the most consistent success with waffle weave microfiber towels. Use one side to clean, then follow up immediately with the opposite side (which is dry) to remove any streaks. Perfect everytime.

Dittos on the waffle weave microfiber towels.

Newspaper is the old standard but it’s not what it used to be and unless you get it free somehow it’s a much more expensive product to use.

I started using medical huck towels for glass. I used 3D Super Glass mixed with 10% IPA and distilled instead of plain distilled.

Back