cleaning hyundai positive terminal / fused terminal

hello, i want to clean the battery terminals on this hyundai however the positive terminal looks like the photo and has two fuses installed and some plastic concoction. i attached a few photos off google that show what im talking about. it looks like theres some alternator fuse and a smaller fuse as well.
i wanted to just disassemble it all and then clean all the metal parts with terminal cleaner and rinse it. just wanted to ensure that if i safely dissassemble it the fuses won't break or go bad? 7.5 fuse looks easy to take out but im confused about the larger alt fuse the 150 amp one. do i just unscrew all the connections and hope everything wiggles off and then i can prob just put the fused parts to the side and clean the rest?

any input would be gr8ly appreciated

*ignore the red boxes and circles on the pics*

thx

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.03.50 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.07.36 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 1.10.58 AM.jpg

Sometimes (unless corroded) things are best left alone….
Otherwise, remove negative cable first before doing anything with positive cable. Likewise reconnect the positive cable first when reassembling.

My nissan has a similar fusible link panel on the positive terminal. I have cleaned under the cables with a tiny brass wire brush. Never used anything else.

Sometimes (unless corroded) things are best left alone….
Otherwise, remove negative cable first before doing anything with positive cable. Likewise reconnect the positive cable first when reassembling.

Ty yeah just cleaning off the corrosion so I don’t get any troubles in the future

hello, i want to clean the battery terminals on this hyundai however the positive terminal looks like the photo and has two fuses installed and some plastic concoction. i attached a few photos off google that show what im talking about. it looks like theres some alternator fuse and a smaller fuse as well.
i wanted to just disassemble it all and then clean all the metal parts with terminal cleaner and rinse it. just wanted to ensure that if i safely dissassemble it the fuses won't break or go bad? 7.5 fuse looks easy to take out but im confused about the larger alt fuse the 150 amp one. do i just unscrew all the connections and hope everything wiggles off and then i can prob just put the fused parts to the side and clean the rest?

any input would be gr8ly appreciated

*ignore the red boxes and circles on the pics*

thx

View attachment 209191

View attachment 209192

View attachment 209193
Why don't you post pictures from your car rather than something off the Internet?

Why don't you post pictures from your car rather than something off the Internet?
I forgot to take pics when i was out and assumed i could have found a YouTube video on the issue, so it was just easier for me to find google pic showing what i mean about the positive terminal. It’s the exact same thing on the google pics, just the real life pic would be ‘dirtier’

Back