Cleaner for vinyl siding

So my DIY question... if this product is 8% sodium hypochlorite then I should be able to take straight clorox bleach, add some detergent and use that in the hose sprayer/mixer, right?

What's the best way to use Wet and Forget on a high surface? The gutters on the back of our house are about 20' high. I'd use my pressure washer but the the dilution is 7:1 and the FAQ for Wet and Forget says it must be 5:1 to be effective

Originally Posted by buck91
So my DIY question... if this product is 8% sodium hypochlorite then I should be able to take straight clorox bleach, add some detergent and use that in the hose sprayer/mixer, right?

That's what I do. The siphon in the bottle dilutes it with water as it's sprayed. I put a little water in first, then the TSP, then the Clorox. Very cost effective.

Use Pool Shock or other pool chlorine products - Wally World and Lowe’s carry them. They are typically 10% sodium hypochlorite vs household bleach which is 5% or so. Adding laundry detergent helps it stick to the surface. I used my foam cannon on the siding/soffits last year and it was very effective......
I‘m intrigued with the Wet and Forget. Lots of positive reviews on other sites.......think I may go that way....

Back