Cleaned up the headlight lenses again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the headlights it is Meguiar's plastic polish applied by hand then I coat them with Collinite 845 Liquid Insulator Wax. This is the best car wax by far I ever used. It is a huge amount of carnaba wax, at room temperature the stuff hardens up like a stick of butter. You have to warm it up in hot water for 5 minutes then it turns to liquid. It is very long lasting and has UV protection.

For washing the car I use Chemical Guys, the Extreme Body Wash and Wax which has carnauba and synthetic waxes in it.

I guess it depends what clear coat you use but even after years, a quality clear coat won't allow the lens to yellow.

Now putting it on perfectly without it pancaking is an experienced earned skill though.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I just do it once a year now gets out any minor scratches and keeps them crystal clear...Meguiars aluminum polish and a Makita buffer

Which Meguiars aluminum polish product do you use? This is the only one I see on their website:
Meguiars Metal Polish

I polish my headlights with Pepsodent toothpaste, 99¢ a tube at Christmas Tree Shops. And, I brush my teeth with it.

Yep, Agreed 100%. I have used toothpaste as well on headlight lens that were scratched and it works very well , used aqua Fresh which was maybe $1.50 per tube. I think almost any toothpaste would work. Certainly cheaper than those cleaning kits in auto part stores and works just as well for a lot less.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
Yep, Agreed 100%. I have used toothpaste as well on headlight lens that were scratched and it works very well , used aqua Fresh which was maybe $1.50 per tube. I think almost any toothpaste would work. Certainly cheaper than those cleaning kits in auto part stores and works just as well for a lot less.

Neighbor is using that right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back