Clean-up shocker

WARNING:
Dawn dishwashing liquid is a great product I've been using for years....even before the oil-soaked ducks.
I ran out. The store offered Gain brand dishwashing soap for considerably less cost, so I bought some.
I incorrectly assumed that the Gain product was just a different color and that it'd work the same as Dawn and that the manufacturer was simply bottling another modern soap product to seize some of the market.

It turns out Gain is an odor trip....just like Tide. It was so powerfully scented, it wiped out my kitchen.
I use only unscented laundry products, so I didn't know to expect "the Gain scent".

I know many folks are insensitive to smells but this one is so strong, it'll clash with flavors. It's horrible.
The store's counterman told me everyone had been returning it and the low price was there to clear it out.

My wife is very prone to migraines. Lights, noises, scents (like perfume, laundry soap, etc.)

I feel you. Tide and Gain are a no go in our house. We have actually been in line, like waiting for a seat at a restaurant and someone ahead/behind us bathed in a 55 gallon drum of perfume. Had to go.

The struggle is real.....

Some folks love the Gain scent. It's a known thing.
Yeah. I heard on a mainstream show, like '60 Minutes', that Tide is among the first products that released prisoners buy.
I wonder how P&G took to having their product associated with former inmates.

I worked in a "no scent" workplace all my life, so I know of what Urshurak776 speaks.

Anytime I've used a dawn alternative i've been unimpressed to say the least.

But yes, gain is disgusting.

My wife buys some organic cleaner that to me, smells like a dirty ashtray. Not sure why they think that's a clean smell.

NO JOY. I don't like Dawn either, from using it at the workplace lunchroom years ago. Ajax may be o.k. I don't recall.

My wife gets some killer stuff, I think it may have some terpenes in it. Don't know. I doesn't feel bad on hands, cleans magnificently diluted 50% and has a nice citrus scent. Clementine and Lemongrass.

HIGHLY recommended.

7thgen detergent clemandlem.jpg

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (Plant-Derived Cleaning Agent), Lauramine Oxide (Plant-Based Cleaning Agent), Glycerin (Plant-Derived Foam Stabilizer), Decyl Glucoside (Plant-Derived Cleaning Agent), Magnesium Chloride (Mineral-Based Viscosity Modifier), Citric Acid (Plant-Derived Ph Adjuster), Benzisothiazolinone (Synthetic Preservative), Methylisothiazolinone (Synthetic Preservative), Plant-Derived Fragrances: Canarium Luzonicum (Elemi) Gum Nonvolatiles, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Cymbopogon Citratus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, Tangelo Oil)

My wife uses detergent with no added scent to it. I told her how can you tell if the clothes are clean or not ?. Smell has always been the benchmark if something has been washed, or just rinsed out. I like clothes that have a light smell to them, as I'm not one to use body sprays or colognes of any type. Somehow the marketeers, have decided clothes shouldn't have any type of smell to them, and you shouldn't buy a product that actually smells good.,,

For bed sheets and pillow cases I actually buy a no scent cheap laundry detergent
powder. No smell.
I use Mrs Myers lemon verbena on the sheets and pillow cases. I wish the smell was a little stronger. I don't smell anything on the sheets.

My wife uses detergent with no added scent to it. I told her how can you tell if the clothes are clean or not ?. Smell has always been the benchmark if something has been washed, or just rinsed out. I like clothes that have a light smell to them, as I'm not one to use body sprays or colognes of any type. Somehow the marketeers, have decided clothes shouldn't have any type of smell to them, and you shouldn't buy a product that actually smells good.,,
On the hangar = clean
Folded in the drawer = clean

In the hamper- or on the floor near the hamper = DIRTY
- or maybe I'll threw this stank on one more time to rake then leaves and mow that lawn :):):)

I always figure if the clothes or sheets just came out of the washer, they are clean. I quit using Tide in the early 70s when I figured out it was triggering allergies.

On the hangar = clean
Folded in the drawer = clean

In the hamper- or on the floor near the hamper = DIRTY
- or maybe I'll threw this stank on one more time to rake then leaves and mow that lawn :):):)
Or you could load the washer with a dirty load, and while talking on the phone, forget to add the detergent. Now your clothes just had a 1st class rinsing. They won't have that clean smell to them before they hit the dryer. But you went thru the motions.,,,

My wife is very prone to migraines. Lights, noises, scents (like perfume, laundry soap, etc.)

I feel you. Tide and Gain are a no go in our house. We have actually been in line, like waiting for a seat at a restaurant and someone ahead/behind us bathed in a 55 gallon drum of perfume. Had to go.

The struggle is real.....
OMG - we got a memo today about too much smelly stuff at the office - and FWD’d it to our most cynical Sr engineer with:
“The struggle is real” (he says this often) 😶

Back