Civic EX Coupe vs. Civic EX Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always wondered why is A/C on option on the DX, I can understand power windows, mirrors, CD player....etc

but A/C is as necessary as the tires on a car

My choice after reading your entering college is neither if brand new and your paying.

There are many used choices that are better buys including 5 year+ old Civic's if money is an object. College is a time to be enjoyed not worrying about paying for a car. I highly recommend living on campus to encompass the college life at least for a year. You will meet many new people this way which is very difficult as an outsider.

Quote:

if brand new and your paying.

Mom's paying.
smile.gif

Take some econ/ investment classes while at UCD. Might help you on deciding whether to incur more student loans and bigger car loans while in school to drive a new Civic verses driving a $2K car to lower those loans before you graduate. Maybe you have the proverbial silver spoon but
but my daughers at UC aren't driving new cars.

I'd go with the sedan. I think both the sedan and couple look equally good and, now that I'm old, back seats without a door to access them seem silly, and the long doors of a coupe aren't as convenient as shorter doors when you're in a parking lot. I also like to use the back seat as storage, and it's much more accessible with four doors. They didn't make too many fun-to-drive four door cars in the past, so coupes were pretty much the only option for that category and are still considered by many to be more "sporty". It's really just a perception thing though. The newer generations of sporty sedans have annulled that advantage, so I no longer see the purpose in having only two doors, unless it's a true no-compromise sports car without back seats. This, from someone who once claimed, as a teenager, that he'd never own a four door car! Now, I'd be willing to say that I'll never own another two door car, unless I have enough spare cash for a roadster some day.

Have you read the new Car and Driver, Michael? They had a small sedan comparison, and their rankings are:
6. Nissan Sentra 2.0S
5. Toyota Corolla LE
4. Hyundai Elantra SE
3. Honda Civic LX
2. Mazda 3s Touring
1. Volkswagen Rabbit

Most of their complaints about the Civic were about the dash and interior, so if that doesn't bother you, I don't imagine there would be much else to complain about:
"The Lows: Overly sculpted dash panel, near-and-far instrument layout, too many interior textures, road noise."

"In our final ratings, this test breaks into two distinct groups, with the Honda, Mazda, and VW scoring significantly above the other group."

ther coupe has a firmer suspension and a slightly shorter wheelbase than the sedan-it drives like a go-cart. that's what made the difference to me-buy the coupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back