Civic del Sol, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1993 del Sol with about 224K miles, auto transmission. Thinking about this as a beater car, maybe sell it after driving it for while. Hopefully I can just AutoRx the engine and transmission and drive it. Probably have to replace he timing belt (water pump) in these Honda engines.

It will have a salvage title, car had front end damage. The guy who has it is putting a "new" hood and doing the repairs to the body with parts from another junked del Sol. Haven't check the mechanicals yet. Don't know what he wants.

Reviews by owners at Edmunds have been positive. Did find 4 recalls involving the rear window, fuel line placement, rubber roof seal and transimission shifting placement. Appreciate any thoughts.

Honda's are reliable, but with that many 'issues', this one had better be cheap to even consider it.....

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Honda's are reliable, but with that many 'issues', this one had better be cheap to even consider it.....

Exactly. Really, REALLY cheap.

I'd skip it.

High mileage, auto trans, wrecked, and salvage title. Run for the hills!! I wouldnt touch this thing with a 10 foot pole
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Del Sols are excellent cars if taken care of properly. Excellent motor in those cars, B16 if I remember right.

B16 is on the VTEC version. I'm 99% sure of this. I do agree that it's a great car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back