Citroen coming to US?

Followed a very fancy car today. I thought it was a Jaguar or Aston Martin, but after googling it turns out to be a Citroen DS9.

A test car of some kind, or a one off import by an eccentric?

It was on a twisty mountain road for what it's worth.

Manufacturers test vehicle? Other temp import? What kind of plate did it have?

Much as I'd love it, I just cannot see their return making any financial sense...

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Manufacturers test vehicle? Other temp import? What kind of plate did it have?

Much as I'd love it, I just cannot see their return making any financial sense...

What years where they here last visit?
I recall in the 80s when Renault and Peugeot where in N. America.
Citroen must have been here in the 60s or maybe early 70s?

Originally Posted by jimbrewer
Followed a very fancy car today. I thought it was a Jaguar or Aston Martin, but after googling it turns out to be a Citroen DS9.

A test car of some kind, or a one off import by an eccentric?

It was on a twisty mountain road for what it's worth.

Nope, only testing. I see them all the time here doing high altitude testing.

FCA leading the way in excellence one more time!
01.gif

OK. I was at 10k feet. Bet it was the same car. I can't remember what kind of plate it had—-probably some kind of temporary tag.

I understand that DS is a kind of play on words in French. Pronounced "Deh . Say" Or Godess.

Definitely should be fronted by some formidable-type French hottie if they bring it here. Think: Young Catherine Deneuve.

Last edited:
The next Chrysler 300 maybe?

It might be easier to captive import them as Dodges and Chryslers rather than try to establish another dealer network
21.gif

Citroen and Parent Peugeot have been readying to return to the USA in the next couple of years....

Originally Posted by edyvw

Nope, only testing. I see them all the time here doing high altitude testing.

They have "high-altitude" mountain roads in Europe, as well......

Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by Danno
It may be coming to the US.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31077590/ds-9-sedan-photos-info/

If I had a nickel for every time French manufacturers introduced answer to Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

The problem with the French cars in the US is that few shops care to learn how to work on them or learn newer technology, just as many shops today
won't even bother to work on modern models because they can't be bothered to learn how. Eventually you will see a lot of small shops go out of business in the next decade.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
The next Chrysler 300 maybe?

It might be easier to captive import them as Dodges and Chryslers rather than try to establish another dealer network
21.gif

Worked for them in the past, they sold ~12,000 500XL's in 2016, vs 106,000 Jeep Renegade's for the same year for instance. Just need to "Americanize" them a bit it seems.

Back