Citgo Syndurance 5w-40 Syn Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
These 5w-40's are becoming very popular so I thought I would post about this one that I have had some actual experience with just in an effort to bring new products to light here at BITOG .

About all I can say is one of my motorcycles has a tough time beating it down . The price is only 2.90 per quart when bought at a Citgo Distributor . It comes in cases of 4 -1 gallon containers and it a great oil if you can use the vi of around 15.1 @ 100c and has an additive pack that will scare little children
tongue.gif
The vi@ 40c is about the same as the Delvac 1 .

Check out the data and MSDS .... it's a great engine oil that I'm also using in my Son's turbocharged Miata this year while he Auto X's and runs it at Drivers School at Hallet ,OK.

I added a little friction modifier to it though
smile.gif

http://www.docs.citgo.com/msds_pi/465116.pdf

http://www.docs.citgo.com/msds_pi/258763.pdf

[ March 29, 2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Thanks for the info. I wonder if this oil can give Delvac 1 a run for it's money?
dunno.gif
Citgo seems to be an mostly unknown commodity here. I rarely ever see Citgo products no matter what store I frequent.

quote:

Originally posted by Bobert:
The grocery stores around here carry a lot of Citgo oils. I've never seen the 5w-40 blend though. There was a question in this forum about whether any conventional 5w-40 oils exist. I'd say this definitely fits the bill.

But doesn't the Citgo website mention POA base stock?

quote:

Originally posted by pmt:

quote:

The grocery stores around here carry a lot of Citgo oils. I've never seen the 5w-40 blend though. There was a question in this forum about whether any conventional 5w-40 oils exist. I'd say this definitely fits the bill.

Oops - sorry, I meant PAO.

quote:

Originally posted by pmt:

quote:

Yes , it contains up to 30% PAO .

Shell has a 10w-40 PAO HD blend BTW . There are many oils never discussed here . Might be because they are not at Walmart
smile.gif

Kendall
Valvoline
Q-State
Pennzoil all have group III 5w-40 oils , those are technically unconventional basestocks though

"The careful balance of synthetic components matched with selective mineral oils"

It's definitely a blend.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back