Chrysler 300C SRT8 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: silverrat
$48,000 is a lot for a Chrysler.

Yowzzers!!
crazy2.gif

chrysler hasnt made a REAL lettered 300 since 1965. i dont have time to tell what a real 300 is, shoot they dont even know what a hardtop is.

Ha, ha, here we go again. Morris, come out of your hole and go for a ride in one! As a six year plus owner I have REALLY enjoyed my 300C SRT8, it has been a rock mechanically. Just replaced motor mounts and trans mount but I broke one drag racing! Over 50 passes total.

This car is SLOWER than the new model and has run 12.8x over and over again. Even my wife runs 13.1 with a terrible launch! Traps out at 110-111 mph.

Top speed is a tick under 180. I have owned dozens of very strong running cars and nothing compares to the overall prowess of this one. 4 piston Brembos, forged aluminum wheels, and a purpose built engine that is limited at 6600. I absolutely stunned people at road course events all over the country the first two years. From a Porsche owner at Homestead after I passed him at 150+ and OUTBRAKED him into the infield raceway: "[censored] have you done to that car to make it so fast?"

No real repairs, eats tires like candy though. But I drive the snot out of it.

You have to spend over 80k to find anything comparable. Car and Driver said it best "Mob muscle in a suit and tie!" I pick up 4 relatives with lots of luggage at the airport in near silent comfort and can run with some fine sedans that cost nearly double what my car did.

It was a lot of car then (August 05) and the new one is a lot MORE car now. Worth every penny.

Yeah, But look what you get for that price. This is by far my favorite domestic car now. I still can't get over how nice the interior is. They should of did this a long time ago.

yeah, we are in a recession too. where are the rich people buying $48k Chryslers?
lol.gif

Last edited:
Looks like a nice looking vehicle except the really tacky SRT8 labeling all over it. But I think majority of buyers for this niche are looking for.

That is awesome! I really like this car!! I can't imagine another sedan for that price I would rather have!

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Looks like a nice looking vehicle except the really tacky SRT8 labeling all over it. But I think majority of buyers for this niche are looking for.

Where? There is almost nothing on it at all. Almost anyone misses my car completely and that's one of the BEST things about it.

Bah 48k for a chrysler? How about $59k for a Hyundai (Equus)? Always thought the 300C was cool, and now they've made it better. I want to see top gear test this one.

say steve have you ever drove a REAL lettered 300?. 1. a REAL 300 was NOT ment to be an extreme high performance car it was to be a gentleman's performance car. it was NOT ment to be a 12 sec car, it was ment to be a 15 sec car. 2 it cant be 300 unless it has at lest 300 horsepower. 3 it cant be a 300 un less it is a 2 door hard top. how many people even know what a hardtop is? 4 cant be a 300 un less it has a 150 mph speedometer, with one exception.. yes i know the car you are talking about can do things that my 300s could only dream about, they are very fast,, ect,,ect,ect. BUT they DONT meet the criteria put down by the first 300s. they are two different cars, but the new so called 300s should be called something else. iam in no way saying the new so called 300 is a bad car i havent even seen one up close, iam sure they are as good of car that chrysler can build.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I would get a use GT500 or Z06 or ZR1 then that heavy boat lol.

Some people like the heavy boat.
I for one would much rather have the SRT8 over a GT500. Although the ZR1 is no contest at all, it rocks all of them.

Since the demise of Panther, we were looking into 300 as a possible service sedan for airport runs. So far on sidelines. Trunk is smaller, btw. I can quote you cubic feet by heart on most large sedans. Rear leg room is smaller too. But both are passable. The main concern I have is the suspension and maintenance costs. Is that HEMI still with 16 copper sparkers that have to replaced every 16k miles or they have something else nowadays? I am not talking about Pentastar engine, that is a modern engine with increased oil sump capacity among other things. They were expecting a new AT on 2012 models, and 2011s had a better softer touch on everything interior, yet the stitching on the leather seats looked like a QA reject. So, we took one E350 with a BlueTec instead as a pilot project. Expensive maintenance, but the stitching is done with laser precision.

I love the new E350, it's a beautiful car. But it's WAY smaller feeling in the drivers seat! Typical example of how much more you must pay (and not all up front) to own a better car than the Chrysler.

The copper plugs are only in the 5.7, and can easily be replaced with NGK iridiums and go for 100k as my car comes with them stock. I really don't know what the 6.4 ships with, as we are not seeing much of them yet. The 8 speed trans will be introduced very soon, it's the same unit used in many other cars. Going to be hard to beat the NAG1 five speed as it (Merc designed) is super tough and dependable.

As with many cars, when you get into the higher priced models the seats improve, SRT8 seats are highly sought after and disappear from junkyards like magic. Super comfort on the longest rides.

BTW, I routinely haul 5 adults and tons of luggage in mine. LOTS of luggage! You can even fold down the rear seats for crazy room. Self leveling suspension never sags, uses no air so it's reliable. It's really quite a car if you can get past the name.

I'm still glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back