ChrisFix face reveal.

I didn't realize him not showing his face was such a big deal to anyone. Lots of YouTubers don't. So what? Life has deeper mysteries.
ChrisFix joined us BITOG "Pennzoil Experience" members in Houston a few years ago. I remember him as a very down to earth fellow. Very nice. Not pretentious. He found a passion doing DIY friendly car repair videos and pursued it. If memory serves, I believe he is educated as a marine biologist (maybe engineer?) and I barely remember him talking about assisting in the development of some sort of small underwater robotic research vessel.

I'll have to check my photos to see if I have one that includes him.

ChrisFix joined us BITOG "Pennzoil Experience" members in Houston a few years ago. I remember him as a very down to earth fellow. Very nice. Not pretentious.
Yes, I met Chris at the Gumout event at the TRC in OH a few years ago. Very down to earth and thoughtful guy. He was not hiding his face.. :)

Last edited:
...... 90% of the filming is a closeup of the guy's face as he is talking instead of showing what his is doing.
Such as that Cleetus McFarland guy. I might have to send him a selfie stick as a "Secret Santa" kind of gift. On some of his videos, he holds the camera so close you can check his teeth for cavities.

I find his accent interesting......the way he says "wudder".

I subscribe to a few car channels on TY and I usually end up watching a few episodes of SMA and Rainman Ray (decent editing and commentaries while working on vehicles). I watch Scotty when I want to fall asleep quick.
Same here, SMA and Rainman ray are both good. Plus I'm biased about only a couple hours from SMA.

I find Scotty to be so full of BS and have Toyota and Honda so far his Keister that I can't stand him he likes to talk the talk but I've never seen him walk the walk if he would actually fix something I could maybe believe him but all he does is talk and wave his arms he's just a big bs-er
How come every time Youtube recommends to me a new Scotty video, the thread title is usually something about how he's being forced to close his channel or how he's quitting, or he's being shut down, or some such issue? Click bait apparently, it never happens.

How come every time Youtube recommends to me a new Scotty video, the thread title is usually something about how he's being forced to close his channel or how he's quitting, or he's being shut down, or some such issue? Click bait apparently, it never happens.
Because he's no more a mechanic there's a man in the moon he's full of B.S. and people should call him out on it he floods YouTube with stuff that's not true and YouTube should stop it

ChrisFix joined us BITOG "Pennzoil Experience" members in Houston a few years ago. I remember him as a very down to earth fellow. Very nice. Not pretentious. He found a passion doing DIY friendly car repair videos and pursued it. If memory serves, I believe he is educated as a marine biologist (maybe engineer?) and I barely remember him talking about assisting in the development of some sort of small underwater robotic research vessel.

I'll have to check my photos to see if I have one that includes him.
Yes...I also went to Houston on that 'Pennzoil Experience' trip. I had a nice conversation with ChrisFix on the van ride back from Hennessy Motorsports to our hotel...'doitmyself' is correct...ChrisFix is a marine biologist by degree...

Because he's no more a mechanic there's a man in the moon he's full of B.S. and people should call him out on it he floods YouTube with stuff that's not true and YouTube should stop it
Scotty is not flooding YouTube, that's the algorithm promoting him. The ultimate goal of YouTube and parent company Google is to have viewers hooked and watching which generates more ad exposure and increased profits from advertisers.

Regardless if Scotty is right he is able to captivate most viewers which results in longer than average view duration and extended sessions where viewers click on other videos which keeps them on YouTube, makes the algorithm happy and sends him to the top of the browse feature for his audience. Having 4.7 million subscribers brings massive exposure when he posts a video.

Scotty's channel is literally a money printing machine. in the past 2 days he posted 7 videos with a total of 700,000 views in 2 days. With a $5 CPM ( clicks per 1000) he made $3500....in 2 days. YouTube gives you 55% of ad profits btw. Compare that to his entire channel as see how much he made, the guy's a millionaire but he doesn't flaunt it. What Scotty has that makes his videos "special" is his wacky attitude and his is the KING of click bait titles.

Chris Fix has the first mover advantage getting into YouTube early on in the automotive niche. Videos gained traction, good thumbnails, excellent editing and non stop useful information, also a millionaire.

Project Farm is doing great and that guy won't have to work the fields to make money anymore that's for sure. I'm sure he's still going to pull over for a lawn mower on the side of the road though lol. Project Farm has great content, unique videos and answers questions many gear heads are curious about. His methods might not be very scientific but I'm sure they are good enough for real life and the entertainment factor is enough to keep everyone engaged.

All off these guys are also making a killing on Amazon Affiliates. If you click one of their Amazon links they get a commission for the product clicked, maybe 1-3% (used to be more) but also for the entire shopping cart. I have a few affiliate links on my videos and its not uncommon for me to get credit for someone buying groceries or books.

I dabble with creating YT videos and have studied YouTube's system and how to get videos promoted. I have a few more videos in the pipeline, something new, that hasn't been seen before, like my Clear Oil Filter Video. If you guys have any ideas or requests for an interesting video PM me or let me know. YouTube is a fascinating subject to me along with web design and SEO (search engine optimization).

Last edited:
Back