Chinese Zama RB-K93 carb kits for Echo GT-225 weed eater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an Echo GT-225 weed eater that's seven years old this month. Have done absolutely zero maintenance on it.

Went to crank it up, and it was being stubborn to fire. Finally got it cranked, and it ran OK. Bought a new spark plug, and changed that out, and it is cranking up easy now. Fuel filter and air filter need to be changed. Primer bulb is looking rough too...starting to crack.

Was shopping around, and I can buy a Chinese RB-K93 carb kit that includes a new carb, air filter, multiple fuel filters, two primer bulbs, spark plug, gaskets, and new fuel lines for about $15 or less. Are these Chinese kits worth buying? Ebay and Amazon are loaded with these kits from lots of different sellers.

Don't know about trimmer carbs, but I've bought 3 mower carbs from chinese brands and they've all worked superbly. 1 Honda engine and 2 B&S. Just getting a set of gaskets for the original carb would've cost the same as getting an entire new ebay carb assembly. Not even worth to rebuild the original.

I too have had good luck with the ebay carbs. Put one on a tiller and it worked perfect out of the box. I'll probably order up a couple for some older stubborn weed eaters I have sitting around before the mowing season kicks into gear.

Annnd, they can be adjusted with a screwdriver. I pay a buck or 2 more to get one that is stateside already. My old Mantis has an Echo with a Chinese Zama clone. Mantis manual says to empty tank and run carb dry after every use. I have it a tad rich. I pull it over un choked until it starts, maybe 5 yanks tops. My old 322 L needed new gas lines and a bulb.

I find drunk gas. Ethanol will gum up the carbs if they sit for a long time. I just use Ethanol free gas in them
Have had good luck with the ebay carbs. Tried the kit routine and it did not work.

I have used two Chinese Zama carbs kits now. One for the leaf blower and one for the weedeater. They have been great.

Installing another Chinese Zama carb kit on the weekend, to a family members leaf blower.

I didn't use the included spark plug in the kits. Installed NGK instead.

I like them. Have had no issue with the carbs, so far.

I've used the chinese carbs on saw,weed eaters ,etc . Never had a problem with the carbs . The spark plugs ,fuel lines ,any rubber parts can be very hit ,and miss though .

BigD, you've probably checked it all out at this point, but I went through a similar experience with my Husqvarna 125L string trimmer last year. Thought it was the carb, but it wound up being a cracked fuel line letting air in and causing it to run lean and occasionally leak fuel.

I didn't figure that out until I was installing the cheapo eBay replacement carb.

On my Husqvarna, the fuel line, primer bulb line and tank grommet are all once piece. Mail ordered a new one of those, installed and 100% good to go.

I've had great luck with chinese Echo carbs. I've never paid more than $11.

For that price, might as well change the carb every 5 years.

I'd use all of the parts in that kit except for the spark plug. For those, I always use NGK plugs. They always seem to run better than all the other plugs I've tried over the years.

L8R,
Matt

I'd use all of the parts in that kit except for the spark plug. Yah I've heard the stories. I have plenty of plugs, extras from the various carb kits. I was having trouble, so I tested 4 No name plug s in my 45 yr old Stihl. All 4 started it without drama.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back