Chinese autos to be sold in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with competition. If the cars are decent quality and they have a great price point why shouldn't people buy them? If they are junk they'll quickly fade away like others have.

It's a world wide marketplace. If they have a better car for a better price they deserve to sell it. The same fears were around when the Japanese automakers started making progress in our market as well as the Korean manufacturers.

GEELY. Couldn't they come up with a better name???

I don't think many companies selling cars in the US need to worry about this much, right now. Well, maybe VW.

I doubt it will be the Yugo of the new millennia, but I doubt it will be a serious competitor for many years. Who knows??? Look at Hyundai’s evolution!!!

It's a sad day when we let a communist nation pull up on our front lawns and sell their products to us! I guess it's been a sad day for a long time now.

quote:

I doubt it will be the Yugo of the new millennia,

Why not? It's the same guy importing both of them. Somehow I doubt Mr. Bricklin's fortunes will be much different this time, considering the failure of the Yugo, the increasingly good reputation of Kia and Hyundai and the overwhelming success of the Brickin. (Who remembers that, BTW? I actually saw one on the road this summer). Suffice it to say he doesn't have a good track record to back him up.

What I don't understand is: if union labor is so expensive in the US, why would Korean and Japanese manufacture build it here?

Or maybe they are not being ripped apart by the union, because they can always import from another country duing a strike.

None of the Chinese made computer motherboards I've ever bought operated properly for more than 2.5 years. I have one made in the USA by Intel, that's at least 10 years old, and it still works perfectly.

Did the capacitors on those motherboards start bulging?

One would hope that the Chinese don't use their special crap self-destructo-matic electrolytic capacitors in the cars they build...

...but if they do, well, I'm pretty good at soldering.

Looks like a mercedes crossed with a kia rio.

So it's the cadillac cimarron for the next generation!
grin.gif

I guess one car is called the 7151 CK. Sounds more like a license plate to me.

I bought a Chinese made Power supply for my computer, after 10 hours of use the fan stopped working and my computer was on fire.

Anyways. I made a bet with my friend for $500. I say that when Geely starts selling cars in the US, they will be out less then 4 years.

Besides,, why would you support the communist?

quote:

It's a sad day when we let a communist nation pull up on our front lawns and sell their products to us!

ROFL!! What does that have to do with anything? Many people in the US like Russian vodka or Cuban cigars. Are they part of the communist ploy, too? In the end, the product must speak for itself. If it's truly good and offered at the right price, it'll do just fine. If it's junk, it'll be out of here in no time, communist or not. The US is probably the most competitive car market in the world.

I'm for one curious to see what the crash test results of these Chinese vehicles will be. IIRC, Chinese are selling (or planning to sell) SUVs in Europe. They're cheap, but the crash test results were just mindblowing. Pictures of frames bent in harmonicas and dummies ripped to shreds.
smile.gif
You really need to find a very specific customer who will buy something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back