Chevron Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest using Techron as directed unless you can do a search and find someone that has used it through the PCV with good results.

Oh yeah, I'm not using it that way unless lots of peeps used it. I have black showing on the piston crowns which is why I was wondering. Might be I should use seafoam for the suck-technique.
dunno.gif

Is that "true Techron" or is that a form of Techron, i.e, Pro-gard?

At the Costco(s) I shop at in this area, it's Pro-gard, a very diluted version of Techron.

Get the real deal at Pep Boys and use it in the fuel tank. Forget the sucking and vacuuming.
smile.gif

The Costco stuff isn't the Techron Concentrate, which is the one you want for maximum cleaning of injectors, valves, etc.

The suck thing is best done with plain old WATER. The vaporization of the water in the combustion chamber steam-cleans the inside of the chamber.

- Glenn

run a 20 oz bottle of the Techron Concent. in the gas first to clean the FI's and take the carbon off the intake valve tulips...Gumout Regane is the same potent chemical amine cleaner at half the price....

then do the water injection, 1 pint to 1 quart in thru the throttle body plate hole with vacuum pullout using 1/8" tube from water bottle...hot engine at 2k rpm...will micro steam clean the piston tops, combustion chambers and spark plugs...also blows out any carbon/dirt from the Techron cleaning that may have stuck to the plugs.

Pep boys has techron buy one get one free with rebate right now. Autozone has a $3 rebate as well, also Autozone has Gumout Gas milage Improver Free after rebate. Dont know anything about the product but hey its free.... give it a shot on the little womans car.

With my AutoZone rewards card I just buy the free after rebate stuff and after spending $100 that I get back in the form of rebates I get a free %20 Giftcard. And it cost me nothing more than a few stamps and , I get tons of free stuff... like wheel cleaner, air/oil filters, techron and too much more to list.

With all I spend there its the least they can do for me.

The top of the piston is supposed to be black. Some amount of carbon deposits are good for combustion efficiency. If it is not black or brown - chances are that there is not enough heat which would indicate a mixture or timing problem.

Just use 2 bottles progard in 10 gal and you will have the same ratio as techron in 12 gal but won't have techron's napha. You can check the Chevron product MSDS that lists its ingrediants since all must be disclosed as hazardous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back