Chevron Techron Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years, I have typically added an appropriately sized bottle of Techron Fuel System Cleaner to a full tank of gas about every 5K miles, which coincidentally lines up with my OCI's.

Is there any rule of thumb or opinions (or does it matter) on when the Techron should be added relative to the timing of the oil change? (right before, right after, in between, etc.) Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Ddub
Is there any rule of thumb or opinions (or does it matter) on when the Techron should be added relative to the timing of the oil change? (right before, right after, in between, etc.) Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Nope.

Techron works best when it remains in the gas for a long period, so my rule of thumb is not to add it when I am about to go on vacation.

Yes. It used to have a warning printed on it to change the oil after using it. They since removed that but have not changed the formula (still 30~40% pea) which to me means a marketing person had them remove it. Use it at or near the end of an OCI.

Make sure the air pressure in all 4 tires is correct, top off you blinker fluid and shower (to avoid contamination while pouring) before you use the Techron.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back