Chevron Supreme no longer at Costco

Messages
612
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Chevron gets a bunch of oil from Venezuela and is running out of time with US sanctions giving Chevron less than 3 months they can bring oil from there. They may be re-structuring their production at this time.
 
Messages
4,037
Location
WA
Originally Posted by dubber09
Chevron gets a bunch of oil from Venezuela and is running out of time with US sanctions giving Chevron less than 3 months they can bring oil from there. They may be re-structuring their production at this time.
Wrong. See link.. Govt data on imports from Venezuela No crude oil has been imported from Venezuela since the middle of last year due to the embargo. Chevron does continue to operate it's joint venture in Venezuela after receiving another 3 month extension this month from the Trump administration. Chevron has argued for staying in Venezuelan so it doesn't have to walk away (forfeit) from the nearly $3bn in assets it has there.
 
Last edited:
Messages
4,037
Location
WA
Originally Posted by PimTac
Chevron has many many places where they can get oil from.
Correct, even pre embargo Venezuelan imports accounted for less than 20% of Chevron's overall imports.
 
Messages
15,908
Location
...
Originally Posted by sr20detfwd
I heard Oreilleys oil was supposed to be the same as Chevron supreme
I don't believe that is true.
 
Messages
2,693
Location
San Rafael, CA
Originally Posted by sr20detfwd
I heard Oreilleys oil was supposed to be the same as Chevron supreme
Definitely not true. But when we stopped selling Supreme we re-stickered it to orielly oil part numbers just to sell it.
 
Messages
612
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by dubber09
Chevron gets a bunch of oil from Venezuela and is running out of time with US sanctions giving Chevron less than 3 months they can bring oil from there. They may be re-structuring their production at this time.
Wrong. See link.. Govt data on imports from Venezuela No crude oil has been imported from Venezuela since the middle of last year due to the embargo. Chevron does continue to operate it's joint venture in Venezuela after receiving another 3 month extension this month from the Trump administration. Chevron has argued for staying in Venezuelan so it doesn't have to walk away (forfeit) from the nearly $3bn in assets it has there.
Good to know, thanks for the find!
 
Messages
83
Location
-
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
They removed Chevron at my wally a couple years ago to make room for the Havoline boxes. Mobil 5000 was one to go as well.
Yeah something is up. My beloved Chevron Supreme jugs have been missing from the Walmart shelves for about a month now.
 
Last edited:
Messages
423
Location
VA
Yep, contacted my commercial Chevron rep. today. He said they are planning on phasing the line out but no time soon. He stated it would be around for a couple of years, but the new and thin oil technology is where they are heading to. On a side note, he also stated without being exact, just kind of throwing out round numbers, that the Chevron Supreme blend is around 80% group 2 and 20% group 3. And that the Havoline Synthetic blend is around 60% group 2 and 40% group 3.
 
Messages
4,037
Location
WA
Originally Posted by mpgo4th
Yep, contacted my commercial Chevron rep. today. He said they are planning on phasing the line out but no time soon. He stated it would be around for a couple of years, but the new and thin oil technology is where they are heading to. On a side note, he also stated without being exact, just kind of throwing out round numbers, that the Chevron Supreme blend is around 80% group 2 and 20% group 3. And that the Havoline Synthetic blend is around 60% group 2 and 40% group 3.
Crazy they're phasing out Supreme after all these years... guess they're going all in on the Havoline brand, which is fine I guess. I've got no issues with Havoline. It's in the car right now and due to come out next weekend.
 
Messages
108
Location
Portland, OR
I remember hearing years ago, the remaining pre-merger Texaco management wasn't happy about the current state of the brand; I'm wondering if replacing Supreme with Havoline is done to please that crowd. That said, I've seen lots of retailers here in Portland have basically a fire sale on Supreme; I got 5W30 jugs for 9.00 at BiMart!
 
Messages
4,037
Location
WA
Originally Posted by KE7JFF
I remember hearing years ago, the remaining pre-merger Texaco management wasn't happy about the current state of the brand; I'm wondering if replacing Supreme with Havoline is done to please that crowd. That said, I've seen lots of retailers here in Portland have basically a fire sale on Supreme; I got 5W30 jugs for 9.00 at BiMart!
Was that long ago?.. maybe I need to make a run to BiMart.. now if I can remember what I did with my card?🤔
 

OilUzer

Thread starter
Messages
2,033
Location
WA
Originally Posted by KE7JFF
I remember hearing years ago, the remaining pre-merger Texaco management wasn't happy about the current state of the brand; I'm wondering if replacing Supreme with Havoline is done to please that crowd. That said, I've seen lots of retailers here in Portland have basically a fire sale on Supreme; I got 5W30 jugs for 9.00 at BiMart!
That's why when you take over, you should fire anyone disagreeing with you! grin2 Supreme is a very cool brand and it promises superiority to the customer ... since they still own the name, how about Havoline Supreme? or to appeal to younger crowd: Havoline Supreme X Full Synthetic eXtreme performance and superiority under most demanding conditions.
 
Messages
15,908
Location
...
At least Chevron is keeping it simple with their branding instead of introducing oils for hybrids, start/stop and maximum power like some other companies are doing.
 
Top