Chevron Supreme...where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For future reference, and it's not Chevron, but contact Warren Unilube(makers of Warren, Lubrigard, Lubrigold, Coastal among other brands) and ask about getting hooked up with a distributor. I emailed them and received a phone call that afternoon from Warren, and from there was set up with a distributor who offers Warren branded lubricants at very reasonable prices. Keep in mind this isn't Warren Performance Products, but the other Warren, lol. I want to say we were quoted 55 gallon drum pricing for somewhere around $2.10/qt.

Originally Posted By: Doublehaul
Solution...he wont support citgo and i don't blame him so local super tech is out...he found out today though that Meijers house brand is made by warren...actually says so molded in the plastic container ("warren quality lubricants) which i thought was a nice touch...is priced the same at 11.44. Interestingly enough though they have a buy one get one half off sale going on now with no limit.

Is it confirmed that both Meijer synthetic and Meijer conventional is now made by Warren...... which is not the same Warren as Supertech?

For years, Meijer conventional was coming from Citgo. Wonder if that's changed regionally, wherever Meijer stores exist.

Originally Posted By: Doublehaul
Do tell? We can't get house brand that cheap out here. I went so far as to use the distributor locator on chevrons web page

Contact a company called Keller Heartt. Also you may be better served if you search yourself for a Chevron distributor rather than relying on Chevron's locator.

I have been using chevron supreme 5 quart jugs purchased from amazon for $12.99 delivered to my door.

For that price I don't even need to bother with walmart anymore.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Also you may be better served if you search yourself for a Chevron distributor rather than relying on Chevron's locator.

Chevron's distribution system in western Canada is actually worse than Shell's, and that takes some careful mismanagement.
wink.gif
Ironically, you can get their PCMOs at a good price, if you're careful. Here, you go to a place that services trucks as their main line of business. They'll also have all the Chevron PCMOs at a very good price, which makes sense, because the truckers just might have personal vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Also you may be better served if you search yourself for a Chevron distributor rather than relying on Chevron's locator.

Chevron's distribution system in western Canada is actually worse than Shell's, and that takes some careful mismanagement.
wink.gif
Ironically, you can get their PCMOs at a good price, if you're careful. Here, you go to a place that services trucks as their main line of business. They'll also have all the Chevron PCMOs at a very good price, which makes sense, because the truckers just might have personal vehicles.

Interesting to say the least. Providing examples of two of most successful companies in the world completely preforming the proverbial face plant and losing a opportunity to grow their respective business.

If you can't find it, use Havoline, same stuff, different bottle and seems to be sold just about everywhere. Chevron owns Havoline now and it's even printed on the corner of all the Havoline bottles so it leads one to assume they are very likely the same. Just like QSGB and PYB, probably the exact same thing put in different bottles.

Interesting to say the least. Providing examples of two of most successful companies in the world completely preforming the proverbial face plant and losing a opportunity to grow their respective business.

To make it worse, they do have a bit of retail traction at Partsource, Canadian Tire's sister store. Now, they do advertise some good sales on oil on occasion, with their regular pricing being through the roof, par for the course up here. Yet, I've never seen the Chevron products as part of the sale rotation. Normally, when Partsource sells an oddball that never goes on sale, like LM or Eneos, the regular price winds up being a fair bit cheaper than the regular price for the majors that get rolled back regularly.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
If you can't find it, use Havoline, same stuff, different bottle and seems to be sold just about everywhere. Chevron owns Havoline now and it's even printed on the corner of all the Havoline bottles so it leads one to assume they are very likely the same. Just like QSGB and PYB, probably the exact same thing put in different bottles.

+1, Walmart has conventional and high mileage Chevron Havoline everywhere. O'Reilly also offers the whole Chevron Havoline lineup including the synthetic grades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back