Chevron Refinery fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to the radio on the way to lunch and they are saying immediate .25 a fallon increase in the next couple days. For the forseeable future they are saying .50 - 1.00 a gallon increase. The station by my house this morning was $4.69 for regular IIRC.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
... collusion anyone?

Hmm, let's see. Supply is in doubt so the price rises. Could it be supply and demand at work? Oh know it hurts to think.

2 refinery fires in 3 days? Which environmental terrorist group is attacking refineries? I'm not a great believer in coincidence.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
... collusion anyone?

Hmm, let's see. Supply is in doubt so the price rises. Could it be supply and demand at work? Oh know it hurts to think.

Gasoline does not strictly follow supply-and-demand rules in most cases.

There are always refinery fires and refineries out for maint. Never have worked at a refinery, but one can assume where you have hot oil and fuel that a fire is not too far away.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
2 refinery fires in 3 days? Which environmental terrorist group is attacking refineries? I'm not a great believer in coincidence.

If one is prone to seeing black helicopters hovering above the refineries and starting fires there -- I am not one of those -- logic would dictate that the helicopters would have small "Chevron" logos on them since that firm, like the others, will profit mightily by having fires at their own refineries. Any small-fire damage costs would absolutely pale in comparison to the profits generated by shutting down a refinery and reaping the natural results of reduced supplies. Shell attempted to shut their Bakersfield diesel plant, rather than sell it, in an effort to restrict diesel supplies and drive up prices, which is EXACTLY the same thing as a “fire,” just without the actual fire.

But only those who believe in unicorns should also believe in deliberate fires. It requires a similar loose screw in the skull to blame environmentalists for a spate of refinery fires.

57c487dd.jpg

Just filled up tonight. The Mustang gets regular, but the Volvo needs Premium. The prices didn't change from yesterday, so I figured now was a good time to fill up.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
57c487dd.jpg

Just filled up tonight. The Mustang gets regular, but the Volvo needs Premium. The prices didn't change from yesterday, so I figured now was a good time to fill up.

At least you are not in Germany. That is about all I can say sorry.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
... collusion anyone?

Based on what?

The day after the fire I saw the local gas stations here went up about 7c / gal across the board. 3.89 typical for 87 on credit card.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

Based on what? [/quote]

I'd say what's going on right now is the perfect example. The oil industry is using the refinery fires and the Canadian pipeline issue as an excuse to jack up prices 30-50 cents a gallon nationwide, when there has been no actual shortage of supply....sounds like more sorry excuses from the oil industry to gouge consumers....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back