chevron oil at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed the Chevron Supreme (dino) oil at Walmart is not being restocked on the shelves here in southern Indiana (Lou Ky. area).

Anyone else see this?

Yes, if you go to the Chevron site and look at places to buy Chevron Supreme, you will see that only WalMarts in the sun belt (Southeast) and Southwest are now stocking Chevron oils. Wish I could buy it here in Iowa, but there is no place here that even sells Chevron oil.

I am having the same problem here in the Midwest. No Chevron Oil at Walmart, K-Mart, or Target, Auto-Zone, O'Reiley's, etc.

I wanted to do a short summer test with Chevron Supreme 10W30 since another Nissan Frontier owner on the board had had good luck with this oil, and I wanted to run it in mine.

[ April 10, 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Wow another person from around Louisville! I know Chevron gas stations around here have it and my Hurstbourne lane wal-mart seems to always have some (haven't checked lately).

quote:

Originally posted by RobZ71LM7:
Wow another person from around Louisville! I know Chevron gas stations around here have it and my Hurstbourne lane wal-mart seems to always have some (haven't checked lately).

Check your private messages Rob!

In my area, the WM's that have an auto service dept. have only the Chevron diesel engine oil(Delo?), & not very much of that. The WM's without service depts carry the Chevron Supreme dino in 5 & 10w30 & 10w40. Sounds like Wally World "logic" at work.

Chevron is very plentiful in my neck of the woods at Wallmart. Everytime I go there they have a full selection of 5w-30, 10w-30 and 10w-40. While I was checking out with 7 new quarts of 10W-30 for my new Trailblazer they guy at the counter stated they sell more of this than anything else on the shelf! I told him it was really good oil for the $1.08 price tag.

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Thompson:
No Costco's around there? I buy it here (SoCal) at Costco; slightly cheaper than wallyworld.
Mike

Amen. All the Costcos I've been in carry it - and usually in 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 weights. Give or take $10/case.
cheers.gif

I've never seen Chevron (other than diesel and Techron) in the St. Louis area. My assumption is that the new non-Equilon Havoline is the same stuff. Havoline synthetic is also readily available at a good price at Advance Auto Parts if memory serves me.

Has anyone ever actually seen Chevron Supreme in 5w-20? I know they make it but it's sort off like the Lochness Monster or Bigfoot.

Mikep

Very little Chevron Supreme in my local Wal Mart and what there is is the Supreme 10W-40 and the Delo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back