Chevron Delo 400 LE Synthetic 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I say I'm impressed?? I swear I'm gaining MPGs...mildly albeit maybe 1mpg.

I need to do some better MPG calculations. Going to try it again on my next change. I like it!!

BTW 2006 F350 6.0 with 219k and the original injectors.

Last edited:
Here's a thread of the same title I had going of it, which also has links to the VOA of the oil and a UOA of my first run with it included:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2653632&page=1

It's running just fine in my Saab, had coolant leak checks done and none were found, so my guess is the Delo is cleaning up some of the built-up sludge and varnish that might be in my engine (when I had my valve cover off, I didn't see any sludge and just varnish but doesn't mean to say there wasn't any in the lower end.)

You really can't go wrong with the Delo 400 LE or Rotella T-6, they looked pretty on par with one another in VOA's.

Will find out how well it works in my factory remanned Detroit Series 60 soon. Will be switching over to Delo 400LE synthetic 5w40 combined with bypass filter I already put on the truck. Will see how long I can extend the drains. Chose this one because I can get it at my local Walmart for about $20 a gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back