CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE!

I checked the spare on the Caravan after doing the fluid film. Was down to 40 psi (sidewall said inflate to 60 psi). I need to check the spare on the Civic.

Nice of you to convert C to F for our American friends. What is your elevation at Cranbrook? (Warm days, cool nights.) Watch for the return of the HD Yukon & "Burbs" in the next year or two.
Cranbrook is the sunniest City in B.C. it’s at about 2900 ft. Yes , hot summers and fairly cold winters.

Really looking forward to the 3.0 6 cylinder diesel in the Tahoe’s and Burbs with 460 lb ft of torque.

Cranbrook is the sunniest City in B.C. it’s at about 2900 ft. Yes , hot summers and fairly cold winters.

Really looking forward to the 3.0 6 cylinder diesel in the Tahoe’s and Burbs with 460 lb ft of torque.
I was there when the 737 hit the snow plow. Let's talk cost.... 2022 3500 Escalade, Yukon Denali or Suburban Highcountry with the 6.6L L5P Duramax? The 3500 GMC Denali trucks are pushing $100,000 Canuck bucks with the diesel.

I checked mine this morning.

I set them high, I believe it helps fuel economy and it also means that if it starts to get cold in the morning, the eventual air drop (psi) is well countered for.

Once a month sounds about right, I am one that would check them too often so I have to air then up one good time so I can be confident they are good for a month. Why not help your car get good gas mileage.

When snow starts to be on the ground, maybe a little lower, sure, but we should all slow down in the rain anyway. It helps caution.

I was an idiot and put my snow tires on in the driveway yesterday without checking the pressure first. First tire I did, the RF, dropped the vehicle back down and I couldn't get the jack out and it was squishing the (thankfully rubber) air dam in front of the wheel. Tire was COMPLETELY flat. Found a nice screw in it. Grabbed the air hose, put 30psi in it, which allowed me to get the jack out and do the rest of them.

Took it up to the dealer and they plugged it. Was right in the middle between tread blocks. My GC's all seem to love picking up nails and screws for some reason, I've had more tire punctures in my 3x GC's than I've had across every other vehicle I've ever owned. The Expedition never had a single nail or screw!

Winter pressure is supposed to be 37psi, and since yesterday was quite warm, I aired them all up to 40 after I got the tire fixed, as I figure they'll be close when the temperature drops back down.

I was an idiot and put my snow tires on in the driveway yesterday without checking the pressure first. First tire I did, the RF, dropped the vehicle back down and I couldn't get the jack out and it was squishing the (thankfully rubber) air dam in front of the wheel. Tire was COMPLETELY flat. Found a nice screw in it. Grabbed the air hose, put 30psi in it, which allowed me to get the jack out and do the rest of them.

Took it up to the dealer and they plugged it. Was right in the middle between tread blocks. My GC's all seem to love picking up nails and screws for some reason, I've had more tire punctures in my 3x GC's than I've had across every other vehicle I've ever owned. The Expedition never had a single nail or screw!

Winter pressure is supposed to be 37psi, and since yesterday was quite warm, I aired them all up to 40 after I got the tire fixed, as I figure they'll be close when the temperature drops back down.

Ooops!

Yup, I was in a rush. First mistake. I was trying to get it done before it got dark in that small window between getting off work and dusk. Then I had to rush even more to get the rest of them on so I could make the dealership and get it plugged before they closed.

I checked the spare on the Caravan after doing the fluid film. Was down to 40 psi (sidewall said inflate to 60 psi). I need to check the spare on the Civic.
Sidewall lists the maximum pressure. Check the door jam or gas flap for the recommended pressure.

Yup, I was in a rush. First mistake. I was trying to get it done before it got dark in that small window between getting off work and dusk. Then I had to rush even more to get the rest of them on so I could make the dealership and get it plugged before they closed.
I have one of these at home. Used it about 10x over the years. Works really well. Seems my 2019 JGC with Pirellis likes to pick up nails, have 2 plugs in those tires.

Tooluxe 50002L Tire Repair Kit Set to Plug Flat and Punctured Tires 35-Piece: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

I have one of these at home. Used it about 10x over the years. Works really well. Seems my 2019 JGC with Pirellis likes to pick up nails, have 2 plugs in those tires.

Tooluxe 50002L Tire Repair Kit Set to Plug Flat and Punctured Tires 35-Piece: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement
That looks like a nice kit, have you had any problems with having to retightening the screws? That’s the only real negatives I’ve read about it, and it is big overall

I have the slime or whatever brand is sold at Walmart and like you have had for years and does the job. I keep in truck under the mat where the spare and jack are kept

Good reminder. The LaCrosse I've been running at 37 all around, over the door-plaque 33, for better handling and gas mileage. The big car's chassis isolates me from the nasty roads well enough that the higher pressure hasn't been a problem. Perhaps I'll set them all at 36 this am while the tires are cold.
On Wednesday afternoon I unpacked the trunk and aired the donut spare up to its specified 60. We are supposedly due for a blast of "cold" air Sunday night into Monday. Temps are now about 65 and I've got the tires at 37; it'll be interesting at 45 F. * to see what the TPMS readout is.

* If, of course, we actually see that.

Last edited:
On Wednesday afternoon I unpacked the trunk and aired the donut spare up to its specified 60. We are supposedly due for a blast of "cold" air Sunday night into Monday. Temps are now about 65 and I've got the tires at 37; it'll be interesting at 45 F. * to see what the TPMS readout is.

* If, of course, we actually see that.

45F ? Crikey you had better put on the long johns.

It was 28 this morning as I did my morning walk. Nice and brisk. Roads were frosty.

Back