Cheapest 5w40 Synthetic in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Canadian Tire has Pennzoil on sale again. (It was on sale two weeks ago.) One of the oils is Pennzoil Euro 5w40. Combined with the $10 rebate, it would be about $20 CDN or so, making it the cheapest thickie juice in Canada!
laugh.gif

lol.gif

What vehicle are you using it in? (and what specification?)

I'm thinking of going 5w40 (Schaeffer diesel oil, HTHS 4.05) in both of ours.

i expected to see supertech 5W40 euro synthetic on the list, not sold in USA. its prolly cheaper everyday but doing some paperwork aka rebates lowers the overpriced big name oils.

Q
Originally Posted by benjy
i expected to see supertech 5W40 euro synthetic on the list, not sold in USA. its prolly cheaper everyday but doing some paperwork aka rebates lowers the overpriced big name oils.

Actually, Walmart is crazy up here. They run sales on Pennzoil and other motor oils that are cheaper than Super Tech, then we apply for the the $10 rebate and blow Super Tech out of the water. Nuts but it is what it is.
smile.gif

Pennzoil has been on sale a lot lately at CT, like three out of the last five or six weeks. Trying to move some inventory I guess.

CT has had rotating weekly sales on Pennzoil, QS, Castrol, CT house brand Motomaster, (& occasionally Mobil will join the fun)... for at least 3 years probably longer. Not sure how anyone could've missed it.

Walmart's sales aren't as frequent or for as good of prices.

Originally Posted by Smokescreen
CT has had rotating weekly sales on Pennzoil, QS, Castrol, CT house brand Motomaster, (& occasionally Mobil will join the fun)... for at least 3 years probably longer. Not sure how anyone could've missed it.

Walmart's sales aren't as frequent or for as good of prices.

They've been doing for for a long time, at least a decade. It used to almost always be Castrol and QS on sale the most, but recently (last couple years) has switched to more Pennzoil products on sale more than normal.

Originally Posted by JLTD
$20 for 5 litres?

I wish it was $20 total, but we have to pay the taxes first then the $10 rebate. $29.67 plus 13% tax in Ontario = $33.54 before rebate. Still not a bad deal.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I noticed Canadian Tire has Pennzoil on sale again. (It was on sale two weeks ago.) One of the oils is Pennzoil Euro 5w40. Combined with the $10 rebate, it would be about $20 CDN or so, making it the cheapest thickie juice in Canada!
laugh.gif

It's actually even cheaper than that if you buy it tomorrow, as it's Triangle bonus day so you get 20x bonus points on anything you buy. I'm not sure exactly how much $$$ that works out to be but it could easily be 3 or 4 bucks (for those that have the Triangle card that is, and anyone that's a regular CT shopper should have one!)

Originally Posted by Patman
laugh.gif

It's actually even cheaper than that if you buy it tomorrow, as it's Triangle bonus day so you get 20x bonus points on anything you buy. I'm not sure exactly how much $$$ that works out to be but it could easily be 3 or 4 bucks (for those that have the Triangle card that is, and anyone that's a regular CT shopper should have one!)

You and your Triangle sale thing.
mad.gif

I tried signing up for that and it was more of a hassle than what it was worth.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but I just never got it working for me.
And they also ask you some kinda personal q's that I don't feel like answering (during the setup).

Originally Posted by JLTD
lol.gif

What vehicle are you using it in? (and what specification?)

I'm thinking of going 5w40 (Schaeffer diesel oil, HTHS 4.05) in both of ours.

May consider it for a Chev 6 liter with almost 200,000 miles. No oil burning or leakage yet.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

You and your Triangle sale thing.
mad.gif

I tried signing up for that and it was more of a hassle than what it was worth.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but I just never got it working for me.
And they also ask you some kinda personal q's that I don't feel like answering (during the setup).

I don't recall it being that difficult at all, I just picked up a card at the store and then downloaded the app on my phone and keyed in that number plus my name and address and that was pretty much it. I signed on when it first came out though, so perhaps it's different now.

Actually, Walmart is crazy up here. They run sales on Pennzoil and other motor oils that are cheaper than Super Tech, then we apply for the the $10 rebate and blow Super Tech out of the water. Nuts but it is what it is.
smile.gif

Exactly. The only real ST deal is the 5 gallon pails or the once a year (and sometimes not even that) big sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back