Cheapest 51R Battery?

WalMart lists a 51R on their web site. They should be available at the store or at least available for ordering and store pickup. The prices vary based on CCA rating with the lower CCA rating being the cheapest. They're still $109.76 for 425 CCA and 2 year replacement. They also have their 500 CCA battery for $149.84 w/3 year replacement and Sam's Club has their 500 CCA battery with 3 year replacement for $139.88.

Go gitcha one from Sam's and get a pizza pretzel while you're there for $1.98 :) Sam's has really stepped up their quality at the cafe'.

I have had them last for over 5 years on some of my Hondas...but they were not the cheap version....
I think I've had 5+ years out of our TSX with the 51R, but that is in CA and typically garaged.
I stuffed a 35 in last time.

After maybe 4 years, at best, those little batteries are on borrowed time!

I'd convert the battery to a 35 if at all possible.
Better array of battery options, higher CCA's, and generally cheaper to boot.
That’s simply not possible in many applications. In Accords yes, but not in many others.

Reactions: hrv
I thought I had read on one of the forums that a 24 could be shoved in, so I went and bought the battery box to try out. Kinda gave up after a bit... Honda sure likes to cheap out on their electricals here, first its an undersized battery and then they don't like to charge it fully. I have to top ours off over the winter every so often.

I'd convert the battery to a 35 if at all possible.
Better array of battery options, higher CCA's, and generally cheaper to boot.
Do you know what the dimension differences are?

My Kubota tractor has a 51R in it, from the previous owner, and it is leaking.

That’s simply not possible in many applications. In Accords yes, but not in many others.

That's why I said IF.
Sometimes, there is some additional space, or there may be a situation where other models on the same platform, for instance with a V6, came with a larger battery.
If it is possible, it is advantageous to make the switch.
For those of us in colder climates, the 51 is a joke of a battery, and not in a good way.

Back