Cheap air filter regrets :(

Never said it was usual...and a torx head screwdriver is .....wait for it....still a screwdriver.
Still if you ask someone for a screwdriver, more than 99% of the time, you're going to get a flathead or phillips.

What happens if I use a torx head socket? Is it still a screwdriver, and what happens if the "screw" is actually a bolt?

OIP.XF64-qgSRtzIQ2R3OKIC9AHaHa

Last edited:
Don't forget the HIGH likelihood that a replacement air filter from the dealer won't be the "thicker" Mann pictured nor is there a guarantee that the snow attenuator will be part of it.

Still if you ask someone for a screwdriver, more than 99% of the time, you're going to get a flathead or phillips.

What happens if I use a torx head socket? Is it still a screwdriver, and what happens if the "screw" is actually a bolt?

OIP.XF64-qgSRtzIQ2R3OKIC9AHaHa
Vdubs use Tamper Resistant Torx fasteners? Guess they're concerned about air filter theft...

Never said it was usual...and a torx head screwdriver is .....wait for it....still a screwdriver.

Because a torx head screw is .... wait for it .... still a screw.

And btw., is a flat head socket called screwdriver?

I don't get this discussion anyway. What's the point? Is there still someone around who doesn't own some torx tools? If so, is it that hard to get one if your airbox uses torx headed screws? It's less than the filter. If you can't afford it you can't afford the filter too and you surely can't afford running a car in general.

It's a "Torx drive" ... regardless if the fastener has a screw, bolt or whatever head.

Mann Filter is of course the gold standard, but is there any reason to think that the new filter won't do its job reliably?

Snow filter.

The foam will trap and allow snow meltoff in much cooler environments without water ingestion. It melts off after hot engine-key-off through drip/weep holes in the bottom of the air cleaner box.

Tell you what: I'll buy your argument if you can identify in the attached pic which tool of the three shown is not a screwdriver...I'll be waiting...

I'm going to put it out there. All in!

Ennie...meanie...miney...

Right!

No argument. ^.^

Edit: *technically* they are all screwdrivers 🪛

They're just different heads. Anyone remember Roberson drivers? SRSLY...guys. 🤦‍♂️

Back