Cheap air filter regrets :(

Never said it was usual...and a torx head screwdriver is .....wait for it....still a screwdriver.
Still if you ask someone for a screwdriver, more than 99% of the time, you're going to get a flathead or phillips.

What happens if I use a torx head socket? Is it still a screwdriver, and what happens if the "screw" is actually a bolt?

OIP.XF64-qgSRtzIQ2R3OKIC9AHaHa

Last edited:
Still if you ask someone for a screwdriver, more than 99% of the time, you're going to get a flathead or phillips.

What happens if I use a torx head socket? Is it still a screwdriver, and what happens if the "screw" is actually a bolt?

OIP.XF64-qgSRtzIQ2R3OKIC9AHaHa
Vdubs use Tamper Resistant Torx fasteners? Guess they're concerned about air filter theft...

Never said it was usual...and a torx head screwdriver is .....wait for it....still a screwdriver.

Because a torx head screw is .... wait for it .... still a screw.

And btw., is a flat head socket called screwdriver?

I don't get this discussion anyway. What's the point? Is there still someone around who doesn't own some torx tools? If so, is it that hard to get one if your airbox uses torx headed screws? It's less than the filter. If you can't afford it you can't afford the filter too and you surely can't afford running a car in general.