Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since becoming a member of the BITOG family what changes have you made in fluids and maintenance for your own vehicles?

Used to do Mobil 1 with 5K OCI's now I mostly use Dino and go the same distance. Right now I am using maxlife. Also now I probably change oil brands almost with every oil change just because I want to try something different to see if I can tell a difference. I used to think I was pushing some dino's to go 3K and used to think it was bad to change oil brands and that you should stick to one and just stay with it.

Have been a Rotella T 15w40 fan since the 80's. Still am. But now I'll use most any SM oil and feel confident in doing so.

Used a 5w30 oil for the first time recently. Previously would never had done that.

The times they are a changin'...

11.gif

Extending my OCI's to 5,000 miles. Changed my fluid to synthetic after finding out my car runs hot and is hard of oil. More diligent with all my other fluids be it coolant, ATF, PS or Brake.

I will not use Fram oil filters. Been seriously considering trying Auto Rx, Use Regane gas treatment instead of Brand X. Extended OCIs toward 5k miles instead of 3k on the nose.

Gary, where are you. I know that being an Amsoil dealer has brought clarity to your thinking and direction to your purpose and we are not asking for your knowledge on filter applications but you must have made at least one change. Has it not been cold enough where you live to give you time to think about engine oil?

Use to do 3k or 3.7k oil changes with dino, now do 5k changes with M1. Engine in the 99 Taurus is clean metal looking in the oil filler cap, while the 93 was pretty dark with the same +100k miles. The diesel in the truck runs quieter and also seems to run cooler. The 2006 Taurus is getting to end of the factory warranty so I'll probably switch to 5w30 to see how it runs compared to the 5w20. For the gasoline vehicles I look for an A5/B5 oil.

Has anyone started changing their own oil now instead of farming it out because of stories on this board or just a new interest in lubrication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back