Change M1EP after 1000 miles of winter driving?

I’ll say that it takes a long time for the oil in my 11 Prius to warm up, so short tripping it will definitely leave some amount of moisture in the oil.

OTOH, my truck’s engine will have the engine oil at 215-220F after 5-7 miles of city driving.

I’ll say that it takes a long time for the oil in my 11 Prius to warm up, so short tripping it will definitely leave some amount of moisture in the oil.

OTOH, my truck’s engine will have the engine oil at 215-220F after 5-7 miles of city driving.
The DT's heat the oil faster than anything I've ever seen, including the DS trucks. Gotta be a combo of the grille shutters and electric fan setup, it's ridiculous. My SRT doesn't get hot anywhere close to as fast, and that's with quite a few more cubes and a tiny engine bay.

There is plenty of videos showing cold flow of other oils being just as good and in many cases better than Mobil 1 EP. Check out Youtube videos showing it. Although to me personally cold flow is not an issue. .
I haven’t seen any of those videos, the Mobil1 EP in cold flow “tests” was the one thing I thought Mobil1 excelled in those videos. Some Amsoil YouTuber does these ridiculous “tests” of Amsoil vs just about every major brand, and Mobil1 EP performed better than even Amsoil in those cold tests. And I’m nit saying these tests mean anything, but the videos I think you are referring to, the Mobil1 EP did very well.

I Think it’s a great idea to dump the Mobil1 EP with 1,000 miles on it, here let me give you my address and I’ll dispose of that bad oil for you...🤣🤣🤣

Yea ok bud you keep thinking that.
YouTube flow tests are irrelevant to ICE operation. The only flow that is important is the flow in the immediate vicinity of the pump pickup tube, and as long as that does not gel under shear (during cold weather) then the oil will be pumped to the engine. The YouTube tests only show the behavior of the oil flowing down a tube or out of a container, this is not how the oil acts in the sump and what is important that the pump is never starved or cavitates.

The YouTube tests are like a county fair type of demonstration that "wows" the crowd, much like the one-armed bandit test. But it isn't what matters really. Pumping is a binary proposition, either the oil will pump or it will not. The winter rating of the oil is the guarantee that this will happen.

I am not sure what your issue is with this ExxonMobil product but this isn't a technically relevant indicator of some sort of quality.

Back