Change from Shell Helix Ultra C2

Been using Shell Helix Ultra 0W30 ECT C2/C3 for years but some Castrol Edge Professional E 0W30 C2 20L drums have come up at an unbeatable price. Lower viscosity @ 40 and 100C, lower HTHS, lower CCS & MRV etc.
thoughts?

The Shell contains a slew of Manufacturer approvals for extended drains, the Castrol doesn't look very impressive, it only carries C2 and a Jaguar/Land Rover approval, given that most Europeans are probably more likely to follow the manufacturer recommended extended drain interval, I'd stick with the Shell unless you have a number of customers with vehicles that call for that Jaguar-Land Rover spec where that oil is appropriate.

The Shell contains a slew of Manufacturer approvals for extended drains, the Castrol doesn't look very impressive, it only carries C2 and a Jaguar/Land Rover approval, given that most Europeans are probably more likely to follow the manufacturer recommended extended drain interval, I'd stick with the Shell unless you have a number of customers with vehicles that call for that Jaguar-Land Rover spec where that oil is appropriate.
It’s for us not clients. 8,000 km oci’s.

Which car? Some Jaguar or Range/Land-Rover? If so and the approval is correct just use this Edge E.
For almost anything else I'd personally prefer Shell ECT C2/C3 with its approvals and 3.5 HTHS.

Back