Champion PS fluid at WM: says ok for Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in WM today and noticed a bottle of Champion PS fluid. On the front label it says "GM-Ford-Chrysler-Honda."

Now, I was always under the impression that Honda PS fluid is something special. I dunno---made by Oompa-Loompas or some such.

So I go to their website, and, predictably, they make the claim but offer scant little detail:

http://www.championbrands.com/perform-pwr-str.html

Can this possibly be true? Does anyone have any reliable info on this stuff?

Sorry, I wouldn't risk any of our Honda PS system to some cheepy aftermarket fluid, period.

Consider how much it cost/how long it lasts for PS fluid inside a typical car, I wouldn't even bother to go aftermarket just to save a couple of mullahs. Just cut the crrapp and buy factory fluid.

Q.

Amsoil's PSF says it's compatible with Honda PS systems as well, and even though I use their ATF in my Honda transmission where they strongly recommend only using Z-1 and it works excellent, I wasn't brave enough to try anything but Honda PSF in my PS system. I'll keep using the Honda stuff, since it's not very expensive and I can pick it up locally.

Just did 4 drain and refills with Amsoil on the TL. Haven't gone for a test drive yet so I'll report back in an hour or two.

I can't really tell a difference with the Amsoil but it seems like some of the sponginess is gone out of the steering but like I posted in the other thread, it may just be the placebo effect. The pump is perfectly quiet but it always has been.

So far, no leaks after an entire day lol.

I have been using Napa brand Honda/Acura fluid in a 99 Acura TL for over 60,000 miles. No issues whatsoever. This is relative to the arguement over using Amsoil ATF in a Honda or Toyota trans. Some guys will argue its not "approved" while the rest of use have used it for thousands of miles and know it works, and in some cases better than the factory fluid! Use it with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back