Champ XL oil filter

I would imagine a lot of you all on here, don't use the Champ XL oil filter, I haven't either myself yet.. I had one up on the shelf and I cut it open, see what it look like. Do you all have just one oil filter you typically use? I was using Wix but I'm not so sure I want to continue using them.. after hearing and reading about the louvers.

From seeing the Champion Labs oil filters that have been dissected here, I think they are pretty good filters. I’m currently running Super Tech MP filters on my truck and zero turn mower. The Super Tech MP line is very similar to the Champ XL.

From seeing the Champion Labs oil filters that have been dissected here, I think they are pretty good filters. I’m currently running Super Tech MP filters on my truck and zero turn mower. The Super Tech MP line is very similar to the Champ XL.
They don't have an MP line for my vehicle, only the St line..

I am on my second Supertech MP7317. One has the black ADBV - supply shortage I presume - which makes it a ChampXL I believe.

I have 2 CHampXL in my drawer. I use a lot of different filters. I think this one is pretty good for a short OCI.

13 Edge 3.5

Here is what Champ says about your 13 Edge. And yes, the Supertech catalog is weird. It says I should run some short can filter also. I just buy the 7317, but in my case I know that works - its a cross to the Fram 7317 series.

1685321949110.jpg

I use several different filters, mainly depending on what I can get for a decent price locally. I service tons of different vehicles from cars, farm equipment, to power equipment for friends and family.

Right now for me the best filters for the value seem to be the SuperTech filters and Fram PH/TG. These Champ XLs are a great value and might grab some next time I order something from RockAuto.

Back