Champ XL Oil Filter Efficiency

Yeah, I'm not following where you're going with this either... All your screenshots are showing is that they're reported at 20 microns. Fram is very transparent about which 3 filters they averaged to get those numbers.
Ultra says 99%+
TG says 99%
EG says 95%
See where it says greater than 20 microns?

Recently, someone suggested Champ XL line as an option in another thread. I found the PH2867XL for my car on RockAuto for under $4; before shipping.

So, I sent an email to their tech support about that particular oil filter asking for the efficiency rating.

I was emailed back stating the PH2867XL is 99% at 20micron. I wonder who makes them? Their email was firstbrandsgroup. Isn’t that the same as who owns Fram?

Anyway, just passing along the info. It was from a tech support line specifically so it may hold more weight as being accurate. I would put it on par with a PureONE at least therefore.

.02 cheers
I received a Champ XL filter from Rock Auto for my F350 today. It has a Feb20 manufacture date, so this is not too old. Best of all, it was MADE IN USA. On a side note, a stray label revealed it shipped from a KIA dealer in Syracuse.

Champ Labs makes their own filters as well as other brands under contract. A/C etc..
They also make the SuperTech line of filters for Wal-mart. Basically the same filters.

My 2¢

If anyone in Canada is interested in Champ XL filters, they are sold at Canadian Tire under the MotoMaster OE Plus line.

There is also the MotoMaster OE line that lines up with the less expensive regular Champ filters.
Look at what showed up in the mail today! Unless I am mistaken the build date is 12 May 2021. Biggest difference between this and other Champ XL filters that I have seen is that this one has an E-CORE and I for one welcome our new nylon overlords 🐜

The latest MotoMaster OE Plus sold in-store at Canadian Tire looks identical to the Champ XL that Ignatius posted with the nylon e-core and orange ADBV. Mfg date Jan 30, 2023

The box still shows a pic of the 8 hole baseplate model.

I managed to get these for only $3.75 CAD or $2.82 USD taxes in. (Exch rate 1.33)

Attachments

• 5D0C2A86-648F-4E62-9FBC-AE2EC31363FC.jpeg
    5D0C2A86-648F-4E62-9FBC-AE2EC31363FC.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 58
  • B05971A3-087B-497D-B8AF-72E55A3F4560.jpeg
    B05971A3-087B-497D-B8AF-72E55A3F4560.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 076029B3-3F3E-48F2-8367-8F211FDC431E.jpeg
    076029B3-3F3E-48F2-8367-8F211FDC431E.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
The latest MotoMaster OE Plus sold in-store at Canadian Tire looks identical to the Champ XL that Ignatius posted with the nylon e-core and orange ADBV. Mfg date Jan 30, 2023

The box still shows a pic of the 8 hole baseplate model.

I managed to get these for only $3.75 CAD or $2.82 USD taxes in. (Exch rate 1.33)
Which model # are these and how did you get them so cheap?

Which model # are these and how did you get them so cheap?
MOPH7317 as shown in the 3rd pic. This is identical to the Champ XL PH2867XL.

Don't know if you're from Canada, but Canadian Tire has incredible Triangle (their Rewards program) offers.

When the stars align, it can significantly drive down the cost. The regular price of this filter is $11.49+tax CAD.

Yes also in Canada, I'm considering the MOPH2 for my application.
I'm a triangle rewards member also but I'm never see anything about special offers, I assume I need the app for this or I need to sign up for email notifications or something?

I was going to buy a 10pack from Rock Auto which with shipping would work out to $8.37CAD a filter so If the Motomaster OE Plus can be found for cheaper I'll go that route. Reg price like you said is $11.49 +tax.

Yes also in Canada, I'm considering the MOPH2 for my application.
I'm a triangle rewards member also but I'm never see anything about special offers, I assume I need the app for this or I need to sign up for email notifications or something?

I was going to buy a 10pack from Rock Auto which with shipping would work out to $8.37CAD a filter so If the Motomaster OE Plus can be found for cheaper I'll go that route. Reg price like you said is $11.49 +tax.

Install the Triangle (not Canadian Tire) app. With this app you’re able to swap for other offers to stack.

In my case, I stacked about TEN offers on top of the 15% off sale price (BTW it’s on sale again this coming week) including a store-wide flyer offer available to everyone.

I also paid using Canadian Tire Money and discounted gift cards to drive down my cash outlay.

Now stacking 10 offers is an outlier but once you try it, it’s not difficult to acquire and stack some offers. Been doing this for a few years at Canadian Tire and their umbrella of stores.

Back