Champ PH48 cut open

We brought back an oldie thead here!

Funny because I Just removed and cut open another Champ PH48 today off my 2019 Ram classic hemi. OCI interval at 35350, so about 5200mi on the oil and filter. The Champ looked good to go. I wouldn't have a problem doing 7500mi OCIs with this filter, but I'll stick with my 5-6K miles. Oil life monitor still levels out to 50% oil life remaining w/ ~5K on the oil.

In went the fancy new Supertech 20000mi synthetic 5w30. I mail ordered some 5qt jugs of it.
That’s cool, so another CHAMP labs ph48 on too?

Reactions: JTK
I used the Champ brand PH2835 on a new Fusion and that car had around 135k when traded and it was quiet as a mouse. 5K oil changes with house brand synthetic. I got them from RA for under $2/ea when I combined shipping. The combo valve, to me, is simple but should be fail proof. I wouldn't bet it's PSI rating is more accurate than a spring rated bypass valve tho, but I would bet it reliably lets oil bypass when needed. I cut a few of them, they were always intact. I use the PH2876 and PH2876XL synthetic media on a Nissan. $1.25 for the regular and $3 for the latter. I would put either up against the previously mentioned $8 filters all day. Especially for 5k OCI.

Ha, if a 6 month old thread serves the purpose, let it continue.
As always, thanks to all who cut and post.

What "bothers" me about filters is the ever changing ranking of quality.
I'm glad Fram Ultras are a new benchmark of quality. I'm shocked and saddened that WIX can let metal sparkles past their QC.
I'm really happy people here measure and look so carefully.

I'm shocked and saddened that WIX can let metal sparkles past their QC.
I'm really happy people here measure and look so carefully.

That's been my finding for years with wix / affinia / mann / hummel (whoever owns them these days) oil filters and why I get annoyed buying them. Zero shavings or any other anomalies on the ~$1.50 Champs I have.

Back